DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Master Airscrew propellers review on Mavic Pro Platinum

SuperPete

Reactions
Windsor Propellers LLC was nice enough to send me Master Airscrew props to review and I had good time doing so.
Personal opinion. I love props, great quality to them, made is USA, I can support that all day log, nice performance, they run 300rpm slower at hove due to the wider body.
I did not see any major increase in climb speed or max speed, but again, I had windy day. But they seem quiter vs Mavic Pro Platinum props.
I would defiantly recommend them and will be using the myself.

Let me know if you have any questions

I recently bought a set myself, haven't been able to try them yet as it has either been raining or to windy to fly for over a month.
Would have loved to see if the flight time was increased with these blades.

I have and always will use only OEM props on my Phantoms and Mavic's but now thats just me.
I have seen a lot of 3rd party props while I have been with PP and here and must say these do look
good .
I just wonder with these changing the rpm's and whatever else if you were to crash how it would affect the data logs and if DJI would /could pick up that up and it void the warranty .

Reactions: HighlandsVideo
Well, if you have original Mavic, you warranty is out of the door anyway, Year old?
Only you don't crash hovering and if flying RPM's are fluctuating all the time, so that 300-400 diff will not be noticeable at all.
I don't think anyone will notice that difference.

Now with slower RPM, I am wondering if the flight time increases...

Yes mine was got when they first came out but they still sell them so if it was something you could pick up on it might be but was just asking . ;)

Reactions: SuperPete
I would not be surprised if the flight times were slightly less than the MPP blades, due to the third party props being a larger width they may also mean slightly less response in any quick stick movement due to the lower RPM, I would imagine DJI already went to great lengths during the design & manufacture of their props to get maximum performance & flight times also the lowest db sound readings which I doubt could be improved on knowing third party manufacturers would not have the same resources as DJI.

But would be interesting if more accurate test was carried out.

Reactions: Tbredhed
I have using them for about 3 weeks, watching a few deer that I've been watching all summer, they are definitely less concerned with my bird.

I tied them out as well, they are FAR more quiet, however, I was having stability issues with them, it wanted to drift back and forth on me.

I tied them out as well, they are FAR more quiet, however, I was having stability issues with them, it wanted to drift back and forth on me.
Reduce the Gain settings gradually until it stops drifting. They are excellent props.

I am curious about the performance. Been tempted to buy. But I've got 7 pairs of OEM ones still and original pair still working fine.

Not surprised about the lack of performance impact. Vertical and horizontal speeds are software limited.
Extracting the flight logs and comparing the power required for level flight from hover to max could be more useful.
The lower RPM certainly helps with the sound level and "annoyance factor", although I wonder if there will be additional heat generated in the motors.

Reactions: Andre Coleman
Before you do any Gain Settings adjustment as suggested by another poster, try to calibrate your IMU first. Make sure you calibrate it in a perfectly level place.

Reactions: Cheech Wizard
You are correct Floater, I did not even think of software max speed limitations, haha, ok...
Flight time test is next, working on it, coming this weekend.

Last edited:
Thanks for putting the video together, but I don’t know if the second flight is valid. How old is that battery? It had 2 cells in the orange at 30%? I can get >18min flight time on my Mavic Pro for 100% to 30% flight quite consistently.

Reactions: jimlips
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan