DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
All I'm saying is rather then cut out the whole of the rear section, you only need take out a smaller section because it's only the tips you need to accommodate. If you squeeze the holder at the rear after you have drilled/reamed it out it still feels solid which should give the tips better protection.

Attachments

• thumbnail_20200225_150023.jpg
    thumbnail_20200225_150023.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 93
Received a new set of props after receiving a defective set. Great service and great turn over time!! Btw, I live in the Netherlands, Europe.

BUT

Quality could be better, QC too, the tightening of the blades to the center assembly on a propeller differs from blade to blade and prop to prop, some are super tight and almost impossible to straighten and others are super loose. The wing tips are way too flimsy and fragile, compared to the blue ones i have, which are way more firm and thicker.

Further more, the only difference I experience is that it is slightly less noisy, its silent at 300ft, compared to the OEM which have a little buzz at 300ft. But thats the only difference and is subjective and not scientifically measured..

My advice is, for what its worth, dont spend your money on these props.
The OEM propellers are still the best IMHO.....

Last edited:
I interchange usage of both the DJI OEM and the Stealth props:
  • MA Stealth - in public places where there are people around, and the need for a quieter take-off is common sense
    • I‘ve never measured decibel differences, but the lower pitch of the Stealth is of benefit to me. I’m a shy flyer who needn’t announce my activities.
  • DJI OEM - when flying longer distances or flying over water, to give me that peace-of-mind that factory screws offer
    • I‘ve never compared flight times nor hover times, but any delta has not been noticeable to me.
I grew up having Master Airscrew props on my RC planes. I actually still fly planes with friends who live in and around Windsor, California, where Fred Jamieson started the company with its original name of Windsor Propeller In the 1970s. So I have an affinity to their Mavic 2 props with the cute, little winglets on the end. :cool:

Last edited:
I interchange usage of both the DJI OEM and the Stealth props:
  • MA Stealth - in public places where there’s people around, and the need for a quieter take-off is common sense
    • I‘ve never measured decibel differences, but the lower pitch of the Stealth is of benefit to me. I’m a shy flyer who needn’t announce my activities.
  • DJI OEM - when flying longer distances or flying over water, to give me that peace-of-mind that factory screws offer
    • I‘ve never compared flight times nor hover times, but any delta has not been noticeable to me.
I grew up having Master Airscrew props on my RC planes. I actually still fly planes with friends who live in and around Windsor, California, where Fred Jamieson started the company with its original name of Windsor Propeller In the 1970s. So I have an affinity to their Mavic 2 props with the cute, little winglets on the end. :cool:
I agree. Same here! Stealth where you need it. Performance and reliability where you need it! Original OEM are also less fragile and more durable.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Just received my MAS props today. And I have to say not impressed. Tips are very thin. They seem to be a little bit quieter but as far as strength goes stock props are much stronger. Needless to say I will be putting the stock props back on my MP. Wish they would make carbon fiber props now that would be the ticket.

Reactions: parkgt
Just received my MAS props today. And I have to say not impressed. Tips are very thin. They seem to be a little bit quieter but as far as strength goes stock props are much stronger. Needless to say I will be putting the stock props back on my MP. Wish they would make carbon fiber props now that would be the ticket.

They actually are about the same thickness, but they are much more flexible. Presumably that's by design. As for strength - it depends on what you mean - it doesn't necessarily mean that they will break at a lower applied stress.

Reactions: pelagic_one
After flying with the Master Airscrew props on a M2 Pro now for over 30 days, I find they are still my preferred prop. I realize from others who have tested the DB levels the actual noise is either the same or very close, but the pitch is different and to my ears, after 200 feet up the M2 Pro is very hard to hear, and where I fly, I prefer that. Strangely the props seem to bit a bit more on decent and that is the only time I notice the noise.

Yes the tips are more fragile and I always remove the props now after I have finished for the day, where as before with the DJI props I always left them on the drone.

You have to be careful how you store them to no put pressure on the tips.

After about 25 or so flights, I have not seen any issues with blades loosening, or having any more play then they did when I first started using them.

As far as duration for overall flight time vs the DJI props, can't really comment as most of my flights are in the 20 minute range.

Paul C

Reactions: Joeri and GadgetGuy
I’ll stick with the stock ones much better. Last thing I want to worry about R fragile tips on any prop. Should not have to take the props on and off too protect the props.

Reactions: parkgt
I do like that skin, nice job.

Paul C

Love that skin RXPRSS!

With the issues I’m hearing about these, first....whats the reason for using these over the originals and second......how do they compare to running the MPP low noise props on the MP?

My only reason is the pitch sound, which for me on a MP2, is considerably less noticeable. The OEM props make a different pitch, and can be heard over a greater distance. For me, the less sound the better.

The MPP Mavic Pro Platinum IMO is still the king in regards to noise and the MP2 with the Master Airscrew's is still louder than a MPP. MPP is still a great drone just wish it had a better camera and or camera features.

Paul C

They are not actually quieter it’s the pitch that makes them seem that way. I do have to say flex in a prop is the last thing you want. Everybody has their own thing.

Reactions: Thomas B
Has anyone seen a test where a decimeter was used to show the relative amplitude and frequency of the prop noise in a comparison of that. Our hearing is one thing, but the decimeter will tell the tale.

I do have to say flex in a prop is the last thing you want.

I'd agree with more flexible props you'd have to be aware that flex could mean body contact, especially when some models already touch bodies in some flight conditions, fast ascent, sports mode, fast stopping / braking / turns etc.

Isn't it the Mini that has the prop touch problem, arms flexing too much ?
MAS don't have a prop for them yet, so probably no coincidence.

I think most recent replies have mentioned pitch, rather than actual db level.
If you don't go trimming branches (like in the Heron vid) they could be great for use on some drones, perhaps all models when flying for cinematic use.

The lower pitch could be comparable to flying a 4 stroke lawnmower, rather than a chainsaw, less annoying / noticeable to others is good.

Has anyone seen a test where a decimeter was used to show the relative amplitude and frequency of the prop noise in a comparison of that. Our hearing is one thing, but the decimeter will tell the tale.

Plenty :)

I'm not 100% sure though that the DB test is the be all and end all.
Pitch is the thing I'm sure.

I did a spectral analysis last year:

Master Airscrew

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580