DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
Seems to me everybody’s more concerned about how loud they are and the pretty little colors that they offer instead of the performance of that prop which you would think people would be more concerned about I am anyway. That’s why I’m not a big fan of them as far as performance goes. Personally I’m a big fan of carbon fiber props. A good carbon fiber prop will outperform all others hands down. But like I said a good quality CF prop. I have some coming tomorrow that I’m going to test out.

Seems to me everybody’s more concerned about how loud they are

or what pitch Chip, sure.
What's wrong with that ?
Some might want to fly attracting less attention, some might like colours, that's an individual thing, like skins / wraps.
I chose orange so I can easily know what to grab in early hours light.

So what are you getting the CF props for, the Inspire ?
With larger props, flex might be a WHOLE lot more important than noise.
Or are they for the M1P I think you have ?

Like you said back in post #55 . . .

Everybody has their own thing.

Reactions: SXViper03
or what pitch Chip, sure.
What's wrong with that ?
Some might want to fly attracting less attention, some might like colours, that's an individual thing, like skins / wraps.
I chose orange so I can easily know what to grab in early hours light.

So what are you getting the CF props for, the Inspire ?
With larger props, flex might be a WHOLE lot more important than noise.
Or are they for the M1P I think you have ?

Like you said back in post #55 . . .
No actually I have the M2PZ. But I did have the original MP. And all I ever ran on that was carbon fiber props which were not easy to find but when I did I stayed with them. Personally I’m not too concerned about how quiet they are. Because actually they’re pretty quiet already. More concerned about performance of that prop especially when you fly in sport mode and do hard turns and hard stops. And as far as my inspire goes that also has carbon fiber props you are correct big difference especially in performance. Same thing goes for the smaller drones as well just a smaller platform. But everybody likes their own thing nothing wrong with that that’s what makes the world go around. I personally just prefer A good CF prop. CF props do have their downside like everything else. If you hit something with them they will bust their strong but they have pencil strength. Then again I don’t plan on hitting anything I haven’t in years. Knock on wood. For the most part they are quieter.

Last edited:
Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
I'm pretty sure that if carbon fiber props outperformed regular props then DJI would have produced them years ago. The idea that more rigid is better is too simplistic. In general for stable flight you want torsional rigidity with some longitudinal flex.

That is not necessarily true. There is a lot of things that they can improve on but if they did it would cost them more it’s all about keeping the cost down. In my own personal experience carbon fiber props have always outperformed the stock ones. And I’m sure there is a lot of other people out there that will agree just do some research. But as I stated before everybody likes what they like. And they just look good. ?

That is not necessarily true. There is a lot of things that they can improve on but if they did it would cost them more it’s all about keeping the cost down. In my own personal experience carbon fiber props have always outperformed the stock ones. And I’m sure there is a lot of other people out there that will agree just do some research. But as I stated before everybody likes what they like. And they just look good. ?

Actually I've seen more reports suggesting that the CF props cause flight stability problems, even with parameter adjustments.

Hi everyone, guys I would like to buy a kit for my Zoom, can someone tell me if it is worth it? I have not yet understood if these propellers really improve flight time and noise? are they reliable? thank you all

Hi everyone, guys I would like to buy a kit for my Zoom, can someone tell me if it is worth it? I have not yet understood if these propellers really improve flight time and noise? are they reliable? thank you all
They are quieter, but more fragile, and improved flight time depends upon conditions. Maybe a minute longer on a full flight to below 10%.

[QUOTE = "GadgetGuy, post: 1008036, membro: 696"]
Sono più silenziosi, ma più fragili e il tempo di volo migliore dipende dalle condizioni. Forse un minuto in più su un volo completo al di sotto del 10%.
[/ CITAZIONE]
would you advise me to buy them? or is it more convenient to use the original dji propellers? thanks

[QUOTE = "zappy54, post: 1008237, membro: 73938"]
risparmia qualche soldo e usa solo l'originale
[/CITAZIONE]
perché dici questo? non vanno bene, hai avuto problemi durante il volo? Grazie

No just ask your self for what you get is it really worth it but if you want them go for it good luck.

[QUOTE = "zappy54, post: 1008375, membro: 73938"]
Non limitarti a chiedere a te stesso quello che ottieni ne vale davvero la pena, ma se vuoi che faccia loro buona fortuna.
[/CITAZIONE]
da come ne parli capisco che non ne vale la pena e che le eliche originali sono migliori! ok messaggio ricevuto, grazie mille per il consiglio, non li comprerò !!!

I think it depends on a pilots desire for lower noise mostly.
It's good to have that stealth to both avoid / reduce problems with people nearby or may happen along, and keeps things quieter out in the natural places we like to fly.

I received my 2 sets each for my Spark and M1P, haven't tried the M1P with them yet, but this is what they did with the Spark . . .

Massively quieter and lower pitch.

We tested in the same way the brother-in-laws Mavic Air with his MAS an OEM props, hardly any change in obviously lower DB, and only a tiny change to slightly lower pitch.

So with any model your mileage may vary.

I'm really happy with running the 8331 props on the M1P, it's noticeably stealthier, and if the MAS run that little bit quieter, so much the better . . .
But only for SOME flights, where reduced pitch and / or db will help me keep a lower profile, which isn't very often.
Mostly the 8331 will do me.

After using the Master Airscrews for about 2 months, on and off with the normal DJI stock props, for my use the MAS props have a different pitch. This pitch is less noticeable to my ears and other pilots I have flown with. They are not the same as flying a MPP however which IMO is still the best DJI product for low noise. The only time I notice the MAS props is on decent, especially if I am coming down fast. Here you will note a different bite to the sound that seems to stand out.

In level flight, hovering, and at around 200 feet up and 400 feet out, comparing the MAS to stock props, the prop noise is less noticeable.

Is that important? Yes, for me it is, the less my drone is noticed in flight the better as I prefer not to draw attention to myself.

Do I notice any more flight time? No, Do I notice any greater speed? No,

For me the difference in pitch is worth it.

Paul C

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom