DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Master Airscrew "Stealth" props V1 and V2 - did you buy them without knowing of the motor current errors?

I was looking at these, but are they really worth it, even at $20?

Are they that much quieter?

Do they really improve your flight time?
Yes
Yes
Maybe (I've done a few comparisons and didn't find much of a difference in flight time, though I can't claim my tests were that well controlled).

I'll be sure and post what I see when mine arrive tomorrow. Of course it will depend on the weather and our new friend Dorian :)

Late to the party...been using MAS v2 props for a week...

1. Quieter? No, although the "pitch" of the bee sound is lower.
2. Flight time? It does seem to add 1-2 minutes.
3. Drift? YES. The set of 4 that I got were version 2 and they DRIFT! I think they are unbalanced. I've done about 8 flights with them, and the drift is so much so that when I try a 180 or 360 Panaroma shot (which the Mavic air does so well), DJI GO 4 tells me "Cannot shoot Panorama due to aircraft motion."

???? I put the OEM props on and everything is back to normal. The bees are back (lol!) but no drift and everythings as it should. This is just my experience... but I don't recommend. I got mine for $25 on Amazon.

Late to the party...been using MAS v2 props for a week...

1. Quieter? No, although the "pitch" of the bee sound is lower.
2. Flight time? It does seem to add 1-2 minutes.
3. Drift? YES. The set of 4 that I got were version 2 and they DRIFT! I think they are unbalanced. I've done about 8 flights with them, and the drift is so much so that when I try a 180 or 360 Panaroma shot (which the Mavic air does so well), DJI GO 4 tells me "Cannot shoot Panorama due to aircraft motion."

???? I put the OEM props on and everything is back to normal. The bees are back (lol!) but no drift and everythings as it should. This is just my experience... but I don't recommend. I got mine for $25 on Amazon.

I concur. Bought 2nd generation. Flew with them for over 2 months. Thought I liked them because they were quieter (read on). Started to get drift and like you, pano mode faultered as the drift was so bad. Put the OEM’s back on 3 days ago and Drift Begone. Re noise, think most of what I thought was quieter was a figment. Better a drone than flies true. The Stealth props are definitely more flimsy. Maybe they warped.

Reactions: Shuggins
Got motor error first because I did not made the gain adjustment. After making the adjustment no motor error even in sport mode.

Reactions: Rensyo
I got V1, did gain adjustment to no avail. They seemed quieter though. I was bummed, contacted support, and they told me to do what I already did with gain adjustment. Now they are backup props in my drone case in case a crash. I did feel burned when they came out with V2. They should've sent discount code to people who purchased V1 since they introduced the errors or at least those who contacted support.

No problems here - I take mine off when I'm anticipating more than a couple of days in the bag. I'm not sure why but they feel a little less sturdy.
I got V1, did gain adjustment to no avail. They seemed quieter though. I was bummed, contacted support, and they told me to do what I already did with gain adjustment. Now they are backup props in my drone case in case a crash. I did feel burned when they came out with V2. They should've sent discount code to people who purchased V1 since they introduced the errors or at least those who contacted support.
Why? Firms improve their products.

No problems here - I take mine off when I'm anticipating more than a couple of days in the bag. I'm not sure why but they feel a little less sturdy. Why? Firms improve their products.

Because they knowingly released a product with a manufacturing defect.

I just switched back to the OEMs. Drift was unacceptable [emoji53]

Inasmuch as new aftermarket products are always welcome and the opportunity to fly quieter and longer, I hope the drifting some are experiencing is tied to this aftermarket product. Never liked the idea of adjusting the gain of a great product.

Reactions: baksideDisaster
Anyone else experiencing drifting with V2s on hover?
Yep....went back to original. Hard to know if the props are the cause of the drift but after 4 occassions of flying in some windy conditions, the drift is gone. It was so bad that while at about100 feet, I could see the horizon moving. Pano mode would not work because the drone was moving.

Reactions: MavHawk13
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N