DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Master Airscrew

Good to hear.
Maybe wait and see the reviews, both here, other forums, and on YouTube reviews.
Best to allow the new props to hit the market, get some airtime, and see if there're any issues.
Should be ok, MAS are pretty good on testing and quality, but it's a safety measure to give it a few weeks and see what might come up, good and / or bad.

I love the MAS props on the MA2 BUT early on they were having manufacturing issues with them being unbalanced and not cleaned up. I guess I should be thankful that I was dead set on the red ones that by the time they weren't backorder anymore the issues had been fixed. With that in mind I agree with Mavic South Oz, maybe wait a few weeks or so and follow various threads and youtubers before jumping on. That's what I plan to do for the Mini2 props when they come out( August, I think)

I love the MAS props on the MA2 BUT early on they were having manufacturing issues with them being unbalanced and not cleaned up. I guess I should be thankful that I was dead set on the red ones that by the time they weren't backorder anymore the issues had been fixed. With that in mind I agree with Mavic South Oz, maybe wait a few weeks or so and follow various threads and youtubers before jumping on. That's what I plan to do for the Mini2 props when they come out( August, I think)
The 2 sets of Master AirScrews I got for my MA2 also had rough, jagged edges. 3000 grit sandpaper took care of that. It wasn’t that big a deal to me and they were balanced. I do think I’ll wait for some reviews before I purchase. I do love the performance of the Master AirScrews.

I would wait on purchasing blades from this company. I purchased blades for my Mavic Air 2 and they were unbalanced, poor workmanship. I contacted the company several times and they said they would send a new updated blade. Never received them.

Reactions: k8nre and Skipper1
Any more thoughts on these stealth props?

Are they actually quieter than DJI props?

I just received some for my MA2 and MM2 and tested them on the Mini. They work as well as the OEM props, may be a bit quieter but nothing very noticeable. The performance overall was the same, I picked them up to add color so I got what I was looking for and they improved visibility. In my opinion they really aren't all that special but they are definitely not garbage as noted in this thread.

I just received some for my MA2 and MM2 and tested them on the Mini. They work as well as the OEM props, may be a bit quieter but nothing very noticeable. The performance overall was the same, I picked them up to add color so I got what I was looking for and they improved visibility. In my opinion they really aren't all that special but they are definitely not garbage as noted in this thread.

A "bit quieter.

The Air 2s is extremely loud when manoeuvring compared to previous Mavic models. A "bit" quieter probably won't do it. Im trying to make this thing more stealthy, not more colourful.

Thanks for the heads up.

Any more thoughts on these stealth props?

Are they actually quieter than DJI props?

Depends on the model.
I see follow up above you have the Air2s, so not sure about that bird and MAS prop improvements.

My M1P and Spark are noticeably quieter, I've always been happy with both with MAS props.
The brother in laws Air though is a little better, but not as much difference in noise, tone is lower though.

I did the M1P test below recently, and the Spark / Air comparo a little while ago.

The descriptions when viewed on YouTube have some data for the M1P test, nothing more in the Spark / Air video than just the video itself.

A "bit quieter.

The Air 2s is extremely loud when manoeuvring compared to previous Mavic models. A "bit" quieter probably won't do it. Im trying to make this thing more stealthy, not more colourful.

Thanks for the heads up.

I put them on MA2 tomorrow and let you know. Your right the MA2 (or in your case MA2s) has some decent sound to it so I'll let you know if it's noticeable.

Thanks March, appreciate it.

Ziggy, as promised I took the MA2 for a spin with the new props. Just my opinion, I wouldn't say that the word stealth could not be used to describe the new props, the pitch is different but I could still hear them pretty clearly to an altitude of 50 feet directly above me and my hearing isn't that great for an old guy.

The finish of the props aren't as clean as the OEM, you really can't see it well in the pictures but they simply aren't smooth. There is a very thin layer of plastic that surrounds the finished product.

All that being said they performed as well as the OEM. They are a bit longer so I will keep an eye on whether they scrape the body of the drone. I will use them until they go end of life. I like the color and I really believe that there isn't that much to gain but I did not do a comparison of the battery life, really not interested, I have four batteries.

Attachments

• Installed.jpg
    Installed.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Props.jpg
    Props.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Hi March. Thanks for your response.

Im unclear about this comment "I wouldn't say that the word stealth could not be used to describe the new props". Did you mean "I wouldn't say that the word stealth could be used to describe the new props"?

Hi March. Thanks for your response.

Im unclear about this comment "I wouldn't say that the word stealth could not be used to describe the new props". Did you mean "I wouldn't say that the word stealth could be used to describe the new props"?

There was really very little is any noticeable change in sound over the OEM and I could easily still hear the drone at a distance. I set my RTH to 140 feet and went out about 600 feet @ an altitude of 75 feet until I couldn't hear the drone, turned my back and hit RTH, heard it long before it got overhead and when it was right above me I could still hear it perfectly, not much of a change from the OEM.

Not sure how to describe it but the props have a different pitch, a little higher, not as throaty if that makes sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: pescobar61

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverbobomalem