DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 SUPER BATTERY due in tomorrow. At 7350 mAh it's over twice the original capacity

I am leaning toward it being an April Fool's Joke....hmm
It would be a dumb joke, since months ago someone else got his battery modded for real. There are YouTube videos that prove these exist.

It is just difficult to get these batteries because there are few people with the know-how to get it done.

Will the FJI Fly App correctly represent the remaining modded battery time on screen, during flight? It may not be able to sense it. I would also be concerned that the modified battery might suddenly dissipate power unexpectedly whilst at altitude. Playing around with the power supply seems unnecessary if the flight is well planned and monitored. And it only takes a few minutes to speed a drone home and flip in a new power pack, then fly off for another 25-30 minute filming session. I hope that you don’t lose your drone out of the sky over a modded battery. Cheers ??

Google found me this:
Looks heavy and it seems like it would affect aerodynamics, especially in Sport mode.

Reactions: Craig Notts
For those of us that had to look up what the heck a quid is :), that makes it about $40 US. From what I can see one quid (pound sterling) is worth about $1.38US. That still sounds to be pretty cheap.

I would be interested in knowing what one does with the extra flight time. Maybe it's just me but I have an extremely low tolerance for the boredom of just watching a drone bore holes in the sky.

Hi all
tomorrow I should have received my modded Mavic Air 2 battery. With over twice the the original capacity at 7350 mAh. This has been tested to give around 45 minutes of actual flight time as opposed to the 26- 28 mins I currently get ( still very good). I will be filming a range of tests soon as weather allows, including how long it can actually hover and probably a few range tests and putting them on my youtube channel,
DJI Drone Adventures for anyone who is interested
As it is a new channel if you can't find me under DJI drone adventures then try searching:

DJI Mavic Air 2 drone over Bolsover Castle Derbyshire on YT

Cheers
Craig

Will the FJI Fly App correctly represent the remaining modded battery time on screen, during flight? It may not be able to sense it. I would also be concerned that the modified battery might suddenly dissipate power unexpectedly whilst at altitude. Playing around with the power supply seems unnecessary if the flight is well planned and monitored. And it only takes a few minutes to speed a drone home and flip in a new power pack, then fly off for another 25-30 minute filming session. I hope that you don’t lose your drone out of the sky over a modded battery. Cheers ??
i agree this could all go wrong very quickly and very spectacularly. £29 sounds
to good to be true, must be a quality item.

Reactions: Tig
I was interpreting the “29 quid” as some kind of joke and the the OP didnt want to give the price away.

40 bucks doesn’t seem would it would take to cover the cost of materials and labor.

I heard elsewhere that someone got one of these batteries for twice the price of a normal intelligent battery plus a labor fee, with the total close to $300.

Hi all
tomorrow I should have received my modded Mavic Air 2 battery. With over twice the the original capacity at 7350 mAh. This has been tested to give around 45 minutes of actual flight time as opposed to the 26- 28 mins I currently get ( still very good). I will be filming a range of tests soon as weather allows, including how long it can actually hover and probably a few range tests and putting them on my youtube channel,
DJI Drone Adventures for anyone who is interested
As it is a new channel if you can't find me under DJI drone adventures then try searching:

DJI Mavic Air 2 drone over Bolsover Castle Derbyshire on YT

Cheers
Craig
Wonderful news Craig.
Hope those super batteries are worth your while and allow extended flight time on our MA2! Hoping to see your vids soon.

Reactions: Craig Notts
I gotta see this. If this is true, it will be quite a game changer. over 40 minutes of flight time?! Nice. If true and this person has decent quality control, or the drone or battery life remains unchanged, with consistent results he could become rather wealthy. Maybe even start a company. I'm sure there would be interested investors. If this is true, DJI should consider selling modded batteries themselves. I wonder why they don't. Maybe longer and heavier flights could cause early motor degradation and or other heat related issues over time. I believe the motors are going to have to deal with the stress of the added weight and longer flight. I hope they can handle the stress over the life time of the drone.

Reactions: Craig Notts and Tig
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky