DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 SUPER BATTERY due in tomorrow. At 7350 mAh it's over twice the original capacity

I don't want to call ignorance, but I have already posted a version of this like 6 months ago (someone else also linked).

FYI, my extended battery has flown maybe 10 times, which is not a lot by any stretch, but I have flown less than 15 times since then also.

Not a single hitch, except you are tempted to do all sorts of long range stunts. I have flown for 22km (11km one way) over water, and recently around 30mins over water again.

The extra benefit if you want to call it that, is that if you only fly for 25minutes, the pack returns at 30-40% and is very cool. So it has extra long life.

But, your motors are hotter for sure. Not too hot, but hotter.

It's April 1st guys... why are so few getting it?
It very well could be an April fools joke. I didn't watch the whole video, but I notice the drone is to the left of the video and at the edge of the frame. If it goes out of frame at any time, the drone could easily be switched with a second drone.

It very well could be an April fools joke. I didn't watch the whole video, but I notice the drone is to the left of the video and at the edge of the frame. If it goes out of frame at any time, the drone could easily be switched with a second drone.
That may be true but you can see the battery mod, therefore, I am of the opinion that this is real. Also such battery mods have been reported here since about 2019, so its a know thing that is going on. In this case the April 1st date may just be a coincidence.

Cheers my friend. I filmed my first hover test today to check it out and got over 44 mins , exactly what the seller claimed . Pretty good I would say. I should have it on YT by tomorrow. I do warn you though it is boring to watch it do nothing but hover but I wanted to make sure all was good before flying
Everything we do to help others is worth our while! Cheers and safe flying! ;)

I wish someone could make a video on how to do this mod at home. It can't be that difficult.

Wow, can you say burnt up ESC's and motors....you will...Double flight time no way, your carrying 2X battery weight...

Craig where did you get the battery modded from? I looked up DJI Drone Adventurers on YT but couldn't find anything.
I was in the same position as Chad80, but when I followed the YouTube link on Craig Notts post, I found his channel, and now I'm subscribed. Strange that YouTube didn't go to DJI Drone Adventures, but YouTube can do some strange things.

I was interpreting the “29 quid” as some kind of joke and the the OP didnt want to give the price away.

40 bucks doesn’t seem would it would take to cover the cost of materials and labor.

I heard elsewhere that someone got one of these batteries for twice the price of a normal intelligent battery plus a labor fee, with the total close to $300.
Quid is just British slang for the Pound. The same as Buck is the American slang for the USD.
America - that soda costs 2 bucks.
England - that pop costs 2 quid.

Wow, can you say burnt up ESC's and motors....you will...Double flight time no way, your carrying 2X battery weight...
Seems the claims are about 44 minutes vs ~30 on the air2? I can believe that.

My concern would be that this places extra weight in a suboptimal position. You're pushing your centre of gravity up and towards the back. The drone will correct for that by spinning the rear motors faster, but the drone is inherently less stable and you're reducing the available margin to deal with adverse conditions such as strong winds, blade damage and or harsh manoeuvre in sports mode. It seems to me much more likely that you could "flip" the drone and have it fall out of the sky.
I can't imagine the CAA would take too kindly to an unofficially modified battery with significantly altered COG landing on something/someone.

Reactions: Marcass Carcass
Hi all
tomorrow I should have received my modded Mavic Air 2 battery. With over twice the the original capacity at 7350 mAh. This has been tested to give around 45 minutes of actual flight time as opposed to the 26- 28 mins I currently get ( still very good). I will be filming a range of tests soon as weather allows, including how long it can actually hover and probably a few range tests and putting them on my youtube channel,
DJI Drone Adventures for anyone who is interested
As it is a new channel if you can't find me under DJI drone adventures then try searching:

DJI Mavic Air 2 drone over Bolsover Castle Derbyshire on YT

Cheers
Craig
Did you order it April first ?

Joke or not, it looks like an ugly tumor needing removal. I'd rather just switch batteries, look nice and not strain anything even if it worked.
The drone was very precisely designed for weight, weight balance, motor strain, air dynamics. Anything unbalanced could have consequences on many of the parts of the drone, especially the electronics. But someone else can surely experiment.

It's not even worth the effort much less the expense! Dumb Mod!

Why attach a second cell to the drone and destroy it's intended design and weight and performance.

Who flies for 45 minutes anyway - Only the crazies doing a range test that is no real value to anyone. Just land and change the battery. You guys sdon't know how lucky you are to have 20-30 minutes of flight time, we used to fly helicopters and early drones with 5-10 min!

Fly Safe - Mike

Reactions: baslanides
Quid is just British slang for the Pound. The same as Buck is the American slang for the USD.
America - that soda costs 2 bucks.
England - that pop costs 2 quid.
That's already been explained in a previous post. By the way they also say pop in the USA too, seems to be a northern, southern thing. Maybe east and west as well.

Had my first flight tonight and battery is great. I got out to 24000 ft (9.32 miles round trip) but just kept getting loss of signal from that point despite re- trying twice. By this point I was at 70% battery remaining . The best news being I landed with 40% power left , this would have been 45% left had I not wasted 5% at the far end trying to get the signal back and that included flying in sport mode for half of the way back . I will try again in a different location . Exactly the same as Lee82gx stated.

Attachments

• IMG_20210403_205654.jpg
    IMG_20210403_205654.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 37
Last edited:
These show the battery levels at far point and home point

Attachments

• IMG_20210403_223208.jpg
    IMG_20210403_223208.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20210403_223025.jpg
    IMG_20210403_223025.jpg