DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 SUPER BATTERY due in tomorrow. At 7350 mAh it's over twice the original capacity

Hi all
tomorrow I should have received my modded Mavic Air 2 battery. With over twice the the original capacity at 7350 mAh. This has been tested to give around 45 minutes of actual flight time as opposed to the 26- 28 mins I currently get ( still very good). I will be filming a range of tests soon as weather allows, including how long it can actually hover and probably a few range tests and putting them on my youtube channel,
DJI Drone Adventures for anyone who is interested
As it is a new channel if you can't find me under DJI drone adventures then try searching:

DJI Mavic Air 2 drone over Bolsover Castle Derbyshire on YT

Cheers
Craig
Does it retain same dji smart battery firmware compatibility?

Good to know that this bird it that powerful and can handle the load. That is why I can fly into a 20 mph headwind and still hit 40+ mph ground speed....

Reactions: ATW
This is not new. Last June, my colleague flew in Hong Kong with the big Battery. To my knowledge, this battery is only available in Hong Kong and is hard to get.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Hey LeeG, Where did you find this pic? Is there an article related to it?

I wonder if it plays nice with dronelinks estimated flight times. Would be nice to do a mapping mission on 1 pack.
Hey KelvinFPV,

In the mission previewer on the web app, you can actually change the expected duration of the battery, click the (...) under Batteries in the previewer timeline and change the value to whatever you want.

1617647742678.png

See mission done in 1 batt.

1617647810243.png

Because of extra weight plus a bit more drag perhaps . You give a supercar an extra 200 horsepower and it's performance will only slightly increase

Same with android phones, they give them 16GBs of ram and 100 megapixel sensors but they barely perform better than other phones

Reactions: Craig Notts
Hi all
tomorrow I should have received my modded Mavic Air 2 battery. With over twice the the original capacity at 7350 mAh. This has been tested to give around 45 minutes of actual flight time as opposed to the 26- 28 mins I currently get ( still very good). I will be filming a range of tests soon as weather allows, including how long it can actually hover and probably a few range tests and putting them on my youtube channel,
DJI Drone Adventures for anyone who is interested
As it is a new channel if you can't find me under DJI drone adventures then try searching:

DJI Mavic Air 2 drone over Bolsover Castle Derbyshire on YT

Cheers
Craig
Hi Craig. I'm interested in how the battery's were nodded and of course how much as I've got 4 ( currently bricked but any other way of fixing/maximising an opportunity for higher capacity etc is legit awesome, and I'd love to know more. Cheers!??

Hi Craig. I'm interested in how the battery's were nodded and of course how much as I've got 4 ( currently bricked but any other way of fixing/maximising an opportunity for higher capacity etc is legit awesome, and I'd love to know more. Cheers!??
Hi mate had my best flight ever today with the modded battery in near perfect conditions I got out to 32,000 ft that's practically 10 km away (almost 20k round trip) before turning back with 68% left in battery and landing with 28% left so I could have gone even further ,signal permitting so it's performing absolutely better than I thought it t would. Look up Recce28 DJI Modded Battery and Vincent will quote you for one if you are interested.

Hi mate had my best flight ever today with the modded battery in near perfect conditions I got out to 32,000 ft that's practically 10 km away (almost 20k round trip) before turning back with 68% left in battery and landing with 28% left so I could have gone even further ,signal permitting so it's performing absolutely better than I thought it t would. Look up Recce28 DJI Modded Battery and Vincent will quote you for one if you are interested.
Nice one! That's sounds amazing. Will check it out today. Did you send your old batteries in?

Because of extra weight plus a bit more drag perhaps . You give a supercar an extra 200 horsepower and it's performance will only slightly incr
I just don't understand how a battery with over twice the power can only deliver about 50% more flying time?
I just don't understand how a battery with over twice the power can only deliver about 50% more flying time?
1 battery equals 7oz, so 2 of them is almost a pound....The MA2 isn't designed to be as efficient with that much weight. Not mention the "wart" changes COG and increases drag....

Ah yes, thanks, been in touch with him today. Still thinking as it's $350usd plus import tax...
I was in touch with him as well and I have to say: wasn't impressed with the interaction. Very pushy/arrogant and down right rude in the end. Regardless of what I think of the pricing (a bit high given the fact you have to price in ~$50 shipping to the US), he managed to turn someone who was "on the fence" into someone who doesn't want to give him $ under any circumstances. Just sayin'

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54