DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air - what color and why

MavicFlyer

Reactions
My first thought was to get the red, but Best Buy doesn't have any available, as of today. My main reason was because it's the most visible color (easiest to see).

Now I'm thinking about the white, since white on black is high contrast.

Most recently, I thought about putting hi-viz decals/skins on a white MA. Does anybody have experience with these? I saw some red reflective 3M tape, and fluorescent color tape. I was thinking to put shapes like stars or circles on the sides of the front landing gear (antenna), and some kind of shapes on the top, and the battery (bottom).

Comments???

white is hardest to see, but the MA has a black underside with all the colors, so visibility while in the air is no different amongst the colors.

I chose white as it runs cooler

I think strobe on red cree's for daylight and white crees for dusk and night are better for visibility than reflective stickers which will require a light source to shine on them.

STROBON Cree® Standalone - Flytron

Reactions: Kilrah
white is hardest to see, but the MA has a black underside with all the colors, so visibility while in the air is no different amongst the colors.

I think strobe on red cree's for daylight and white crees for dusk and night are better for visibility than reflective stickers which will require a light source to shine on them.

Very interesting...I took a quick look. Wondering how to attach it...maybe some kind of temporary glue? Hopefully, they wouldn't introduce any EMI problems

some of the wrap kits I've seen wrap the battery too. You could grab whatever color is in stock and order a $15 wrap kit or wrap the batteries.

Reactions: MavicFlyer
My first thought was to get the red, but Best Buy doesn't have any available, as of today. My main reason was because it's the most visible color (easiest to see).

Now I'm thinking about the white, since white on black is high contrast.

Most recently, I thought about putting hi-viz decals/skins on a white MA. Does anybody have experience with these? I saw some red reflective 3M tape, and fluorescent color tape. I was thinking to put shapes like stars or circles on the sides of the front landing gear (antenna), and some kind of shapes on the top, and the battery (bottom).

Comments???

The red one is faster!

Everyone knows the white ones run the hottest. :D

I got black because I figured it would get me the least amount of attention of the 3 colors.

I think with the 4 buzz saws on board, color ain't going to help with the stealth

Color doesn't really matter to me. Red, Onyx, White, they all function the same even if the people say the Onyx one is faster ;)

I got the white one as thats all they had left when I walked into the DJI store. If they had all of them available, I'd probably have picked red. I had a Typhoon H which was a dark metallic grey and that was actually easier to see when compared to my Phantom 4 especially so when there were clouds in the sky..

Red because its sexy. Like a red Ferrari.

Reactions: Mike_in_Letcombe
Red. It’s glossy and looks awesome.

And btw u can wrap them so in the end it doesn’t matter

Red. It’s glossy and looks awesome.

And btw u can wrap them so in the end it doesn’t matter
With the Spark, I chose red as I liked the look of it. The red Air just didn't do anything for me and I am not a fan of the glossy finish. I didn't care for white on the Spark or Air so the onyx black with the matte finish was the one for me. I am looking for a skin but I am not seeing many choices yet. I prefer the over-wrap type. I will just wait it out to see what becomes available. Same thing with hard cases, not much out there yet. I do however think DJI did a better job with the included case in the flymore pack. It is actually useful, unlike the Mavic flymore bag.

Reactions: MavicFlyer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake