DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air - what color and why

I got the red. But the color really doesn't help with visibility at all. Very little of the colored shell is visible once it's in the air. I chose red because it seems to be a less common drone color.

White!!

5d8a1c6eaf451e67a248c79bf2f930e7.jpg

Reactions: Norm62
I got the black one because red looked like a bit of a fingerprint magnet. Didn't matter anyway since I then bought a black camo wrap to cover it up...

As for visibility, I velcro taped a strobon cree LED to the bottom of it, massively improved the visibility of the drone. The Mavic Air is quite a small drone, choosing colour for the purpose of visibility isn't going to help you much since even only 50 meters away it looks like a little dot in the sky.

Went with the white. Was looking at the Spark after Christmas, and liked the white one the best (followed by the blue). When the Mavic Air was announced, loved the way the white looked. Plus DJI's original drones (Phantoms) were always white, so I thought that was a cool idea. My Mavic Pro is gray, went for the lighter color.

I got the black one because red looked like a bit of a fingerprint magnet. Didn't matter anyway since I then bought a black camo wrap to cover it up...

As for visibility, I velcro taped a strobon cree LED to the bottom of it, massively improved the visibility of the drone. The Mavic Air is quite a small drone, choosing colour for the purpose of visibility isn't going to help you much since even only 50 meters away it looks like a little dot in the sky.

I ended up ordering the white. You guys have made a lot of good points, especially about the fact that the underside is the same dark color on all three, and beyond 50 meters it's going to be a little "dot". I'm looking to find a fluorescent orange wrap for the batteries - any sources would be appreciated.

The Strobon Cree LED is going to be the way to go - white or red, and using one of those landing gear mounts, mentioned earlier.

Very interesting...I took a quick look. Wondering how to attach it...maybe some kind of temporary glue? Hopefully, they wouldn't introduce any EMI problems
I use heavy duty velcro... Easy on... Easy off. The arms on my Mavic are covered in reflective tape. I thought it would add visibility to it while in flight. It doesn't (really), but it would do a good job of reflecting a flashlight as I search for my fallen drone after the sun has set. For the record, I've had my Mavic exactly one year, without a crash ~but I don't think the cree light or reflective tape can be given any credit here...

I'll pick up mine in a few hours. I bought a white because I think it would run cooler. But today I was out in -3°c and got battery temp-warning from my Phantom 3a most of the time so I might picked the wrong color! :-D
I understand the low-temp-warning from the batteries, in my world batteries like to be chilly. But that's another thread I guess. :)

Anyway, my first post.

Last edited:
I purchased the red. Red happens to be a color on a few of my favorite sports teams. Also I don’t think there will be as many red out there, As black-and-white seem to be the most popular colors.

Great looking wraps and a forum sponsor, but wow is it pricey. I guess you have to pay for the best looking wraps out there. I added trim, batteries & controller which had me tipping $60 :eek:
Wrapgrade Poly Skin for DJI Mavic Air | 3 Batteries

LuvMyTJ and synaesthesia thank you for introducing us.
Many people visited our Mavic Air's wrap pre-order from this forum as well.

We will provide a new option for the color of Air.
No matter what color Air you get, you can do any color.

We think Unit A for Mavic Air is not so expensive as it is not full wrap.
Although it has not been released yet, it is a product that can be fully wrapped by adding Unit B: Lower side wraps later.

Did you check the coupon code?
WRAPGRADE released Mavic Air's skin

There is another news for Americans.
We start purchase in the Amazon.com (USA) just today. Check this thread
DecalGirl VS DroneWrap Japan skins

Warmest regards,

Reactions: galfridus
Great looking wraps and a forum sponsor, but wow is it pricey. I guess you have to pay for the best looking wraps out there. I added trim, batteries & controller which had me tipping $60 :eek:

Likewise, bumpy camo black for all the things. I had a look at the other offerings available and they didn't look as high quality or cover the drone as well.

Reactions: Wrapgrade
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54