DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
I had the same issue - normal flight, disconnected from the aircraft, ascended, RTH and Forced To Land. According to flight logs my Mavic landed in a small pond:

Disconnect, Ditched and Diving?

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

I was also on holiday and this Friday a diver will try to find it. The pond is 4 meters deep but no visibility.
Hopefuly the aircraft will be found because of the Care-Refresh program.

What frightens me the most it that this also happpened to you and for no apparent reason you were offered a refund...

Will keep you posted.

Well, the reason they stated to me was that it was a failure of the ultrasound system of the Mavic, ie. the downward sensors.

Did you happen to find out the IMU height values in any version of the flight log? That's what someone first identified as the cause of the forced landing in my case. The IMU height was less than a foot, so the Mavic thought it was too close to the surface, presumably fooled by the water. In reality, it was 350+ feet above the ground.

Last edited:
Reactions: jasonbrooks
Privacy, I was trying to protect my privacy. I had a lot of images, videos and records.

Also, I wasn't planning on flying a claim until I learned other people had the same issue.

Well, I have finally recovered the Mavic from the person who found it, and wow, it's amazing what 2 weeks of salt water can eat through. He said he found it right where its final coordinates were, near a boulder and between some corals.

Brace yourselves:

IMG_20170820_125351.jpg

IMG_20170820_124931.jpg

IMG_20170820_124936.jpg

IMG_20170820_124953.jpg

IMG_20170820_125001.jpg

IMG_20170820_125023.jpg

The next step is trying to recover the videos from the microSD card. It doesn't look too bad. I suppose I'll soak it in rubbing alcohol for a few minutes and dry it well before trying it.

Strangely enough, the aftermarket plastic feet that I bought to boost its height were still intact, and even the metal springs on them were not as rusted as some parts of the Mavic body.

IMG_20170820_131416.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone know of a way to repair incomplete/damaged .MP4 files? I have the first 9 minutes of the flight, but the second video is 4 minutes long and should show the Mavic's final moments, although I can't get it to play.

I did manage to grab this preview taken close to where it went down:

Treasured_00152_pbad_0_0640000_H264_3840x2160.jpg

WOW
I suppose maybe the props are intact but I don't think I'd trust the,m. They may have become brittle.
Sorry to see that, but it reaffirms MY decision to NEVER fly over water of any king, especially salt.
:(

Wow, it's just amazing ...

15 days only and the body is almost entirely eroded.

Do you have DJI Care ?

Last edited:
That's depressing. I feel like I just looked through old holocaust photos.

it reaffirms MY decision to NEVER fly over water of any king, especially salt.

-- with that logic, why don't you just keep it on your desk as a paperweight? You can't crash at all if you never take-off.

Get State Farm and EVERY crash (or fly-away) is covered 100% for $5 per month, every month, forever: no deductible. No Brainer.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Kilrah
Just pop in a new battery and get it back in the air :D

That's depressing. I feel like I just looked through old holocaust photos.

-- with that logic, why don't you just keep it on your desk as a paperweight? You can't crash at all if you never take-off.

Get State Farm and EVERY crash (or fly-away) is covered 100% for $5 per month, every month, forever: no deductible. No Brainer.

giphy.gif

There is so much beautiful LANDscape out there that SEAscapes are simply not that interesting to me. Living here in southern California, we have an endless choice of great desert views that interest me more, and IF a crash happens, I'm pretty sure I can find and retrieve mine so that I CAN use the Refresh option..

Step 1. Accept the coupon as dji didnt require u to return anything (find friends of your friends who might be in china)
Step 2. Return everything to amazon
Step 3. Receive your new bundle from amazon + 1 extra aircraft from china

Just sayin.....

Reactions: Dan and Daoud333

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard