DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini 2

Andrew1977

Reactions
Has there been any mention of a MM2 and if so what kind of timescale would we be looking at?

Thinking of getting someone a MM as a gift and wanted to make sure the MM2 wasn't imminent before I splash the cash.

Reactions: mrjohnc1
No substantiated rumours of a MM2 yet. I don't expect to see the MM being succeeded by a new model for at least another year or more. It's just over 6mths since it was launched and it's the second most recent drone from DJI. Very roughly 2 years is a typical time between tech product model updates.

No mention of it...and it's hard to say when (or better yet, IF) MM2 is going to be released.

Mavic Air was released January 2018, with the newer model coming 2 and a bit years later. You might be able to use that as a guide as I believe the mini has been very popular in a lot of international markets. As an entry level drone, though at a fairly lower point, DJI would be more against cramming in higher-quality sensors for OA, a better camera at 4K or even more convenient fly modes and functionality available in DJI Go App for other drones...as there needs to be clear benefits and segregation between Pro, Zoom, Air, Mini etc.

RoOSTA

EAAE185E-54EE-4AD6-9140-453E139F33CF.png

See this thread. The MM2 is coming. The submission made to the FCC was done on Oct 6th.

For your reference, the FCC submission for the Air 2 was made on Apr 9th this year and the craft was released just one month later ...

From the bandwidth configuration info in the test report, it seems that the Mini 2 will be running OcuSync so it's a major improvement.

Last edited:
I wonder if it’ll retain a similar price point. I could see this being $499, and $650 with the fly more combo.

Heard today from reliable source that this will be on shelves for Christmas.
Nothing on mav 3 until at least Easter.

This will be released with a 4K video, but more importantly I believe it will be CE Approved to meet the new EASA Regulations that come into force in the UK/ Europe at the end of this year, it will have some additional flight modes such as low speed tripod mode to meet the regulations. I don’t believe it will have RAW, obstacle avoidance or Ocusync and will still be 249g, possibly the new battery is to trim weight or maybe it has a improved characteristic regards flight reliability/ wind etc..... but your little Mini will still be lost in strong wind. This will be a major refresh of the platform inline with regulations, DJI are not going to erode the Mavic Air 2.

ocusyns uses stronger transmitters and a cooling fan is needed so stronger batteries are needed and all this affects the weight. I should add that it is more expensive
Are there cooling fans in any of the occusync equipped controllers? If not, then why would the drone need a cooling fan specifically for occusync? I think the cooling fan(s) in occusync equipped drones are for the higher powered image processing chips, not the transmission circuitry.

See this thread. The MM2 is coming. The submission made to the FCC was done on Oct 6th.

For your reference, the FCC submission for the Air 2 was made on Apr 9th this year and the craft was released just one month later ...

From the bandwidth configuration info in the test report, it seems that the Mini 2 will be running OcuSync so it's a major improvement.
Here's news on the MM2 and Ocusync:

Just got a mailshot from DJI about them announcing " Small device. Big moments. Magic."

20 Oct 2020 at 09:00 EDT

Is it is the launch date for the MM2?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan