DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Gimbal Overload Error

joshmentele

Reactions
I recently bought a Mavic Pro, removed the gimbal clamp, and turned it on. The camera flopped left and right a couple times, and never stabilized the video. The app displayed "gimbal overload error, make sure the gimbal clamp is removed". I have already done a compass calibration, an IMU calibration, and tried doing a gimbal calibration, but it never completed, it just stuck at 5%. Is there a fix for this?

No, when I powered on the aircraft, the gimbal just flops left and right.

No, but it is possible the previous owner did. I already have 2 cables coming in the mail.

Similar thing happened to mine, but I did leave the gimbal clamp on by mistake a couple of times when new to flying.
It just stuffed up one day and in the end sent in to DJI Australia under warranty, got a new (refurbished most likely) bird back.
The funny thing is the gimbal calibration at start up on the original Mavic was rough and violent, not so the new one, so think I got a better unit back.

Edit - I made mods to ensure I never forget the gimbal clamp again too !!

Reactions: marky153
hi ..new here ... crash my mavic .. gimbal overload prob come out ... based in singapore .. .any advice on able to claim warranty or anything ??

Reactions: marky153
hi ..new here ... crash my mavic .. gimbal overload prob come out ... based in singapore .. .any advice on able to claim warranty or anything ??
Your problem is probably the same as mine was: a broken/burned camera ribbon cable. It is very unlikely that DJI will repair your drone under warranty. Your best option would be to buy a ribbon cable off eBay and repair it yourself.

It took me about two hours to replace mine, and after the ribbon was replaced the camera booted up fine.

Here is a link to a cable off eBay: Flexible Gimbal Flat Ribbon Flex Cable layer For DJI Mavic Pro | eBay

I have a refurbished Mavic Pro never crashed, never started with gimbal lock on. The last time I flew it, it gave me a gimbal overload error on startup, even though I didn't have the gimbal lock on. However, it performed just fine during flight, except the horizon wasn't quite level. This error seems to be very common. I hope mine doesn't start being shaky.

I have a refurbished Mavic Pro never crashed, never started with gimbal lock on. The last time I flew it, it gave me a gimbal overload error on startup, even though I didn't have the gimbal lock on. However, it performed just fine during flight, except the horizon wasn't quite level. This error seems to be very common. I hope mine doesn't start being shaky.

Your gimbal roll motor might be on its way out. If it were me, I would check the temperatures of your gimbal motors after a flight and see if any of them are hotter than the others.

Your gimbal roll motor might be on its way out. If it were me, I would check the temperatures of your gimbal motors after a flight and see if any of them are hotter than the others.
Well, today when I flew it, it did not have the error. I don't know if it's normal or not, but it looked like during gimbal start-up the roll axis spun slower than the others.
When I was flying, I did see that the horizon was slightly tilted.
After flight, it did feel like the roll motor was warm, but it might just be the camera.

Well, today when I flew it, it did not have the error. I don't know if it's normal or not, but it looked like during gimbal start-up the roll axis spun slower than the others.
When I was flying, I did see that the horizon was slightly tilted.
After flight, it did feel like the roll motor was warm, but it might just be the camera.

I would just keep flying it, and adjust yourself to its idiosyncrasies. When and if the gimbal consistently displays error messages, or you gimbal just wont level out, then it might be time to address the issues.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78