DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

brad_rector

Reactions
THIS MOUNT IS AWESOME! First of all, hands down to MavMount. I just purchased my first drone (MPP) and wanted a mount for my Note 8 other than the controller.

This mount is well constructed, the ball mount is crazy insane with 100% adjustment to wherever you would need it to go and the added bonus of being able to buy a separate holder for a larger device in the future is a huge plus.

I'd definitely recommend spending the money if you are in the market for a cell phone/tablet mount for your Mav.

20171109_201414.jpg 20171109_201440.jpg
20171109_201452.jpg 20171109_201734.jpg 20171109_201818.jpg 20171109_201906.jpg

Looks incredible. Attention to detail and lack of plastic give at a real premium look.

£65 to the UK, I'm seriously tempted.

Reactions: brad_rector
I am using the MavMount with an iPad Pro 10.5”. Even when not flying the drone, I keep the iPad in the MavMoumt as a really versatile stand.

Reactions: Aerial West
I just got my MavMount yesterday and it holds my iPad 9.7" like a glove even using the full 2pc Hoodman shade on it.

Very well built and well designed system.

I do suggest getting the Lanyard option. It really is well balanced for those "hands-free" moments.

I just got my MavMount yesterday and it holds my iPad 9.7" like a glove even using the full 2pc Hoodman shade on it.

Very well built and well designed system.

I do suggest getting the Lanyard option. It really is well balanced for those "hands-free" moments.
I didn't get the Lanyard, but I think I'll be purchasing another clamp for a tablet and I'll buy the Lanyard at that time. :D

I just got the MavMount for my iPad 9.7 Pro, do you guys use thread lock to keep everything tight from moving? It seems like it wants to rotate easy when mounted. Very well made mount otherwise.

i have found that the mount / controller fit is not as tight as I would like. I can pull it out if I pull straight out. I tired this with 2 controllers... Soooo I put a piece of black duct tape on the mount edges and now it fits in nicely and will not pull out.

i have found that the mount / controller fit is not as tight as I would like. I can pull it out if I pull straight out. I tired this with 2 controllers... Soooo I put a piece of black duct tape on the mount edges and now it fits in nicely and will not pull out.

I dont have this problem at all. I actually have to push in with decent force to lock both sides into the controller. But also why/who would be yanking on it while you are flying?

OP I love my mavmount as well. I wouldn't go with any other mount. Well worth the price. Very balanced feel and very well made.

Reactions: RichieGG
The clamps that hold the iPad in place works great, it’s just the actual bracket that threads on to the little bolt where your lanyard is, it keeps wanting to spin counterclockwise (loosen) so last night I put thread lock on it and let it sit over night to see if that helps.

The clamps that hold the iPad in place works great, it’s just the actual bracket that threads on to the little bolt where your lanyard is, it keeps wanting to spin counterclockwise (loosen) so last night I put thread lock on it and let it sit over night to see if that helps.

Like I said... I tried it with 2 controllers.
I dont have this problem at all. I actually have to push in with decent force to lock both sides into the controller. But also why/who would be yanking on it while you are flying?

OP I love my mavmount as well. I wouldn't go with any other mount. Well worth the price. Very balanced feel and very well made.

Like I said I tried it with 2 controllers with the same result.

I would not be yanking it out intentionally. I just like to know it is in there with a tight fit... especially with a large IPAD. I could not get that tight of a fit without the tape.

I did have a different mount (skyreat) that was tight... perhaps that compromised the "rubber" on the controller (i.e. made it wider?)

It's an incredibly well engineered piece of kit, gets my vote every time Thumbswayup

I’m thinking about ordering a mavmount. I might get a iPad mini later on just for the drone but for now I want to be able to put my iPhone X back in the otter box and still use it. So the mavmount looks perfect and I could just got the bigger holder later. My question is can anyone recommend a good sun shade that will work with what I want to use. The iPhone X in the mavmount?

There are a few shades on Mavmount site. Not sure one will work for the X but worth looking at while your there.

Sorry, I wasn't sure what they had but I knew I had seen a few when I bought some items there.
No worries. I’ve seen a few different places but the ones for phones look like they have slots that my phone won’t fit in inside a case. I might just have to buy a few until I find one that fits

Mavmounts are awesome! IMO, the best mount out there. I've used it from everything from my Iphone to all my various sized Ipads, and now my Crystalsky 7"....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS