DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EpsonMoverio

Reactions
The perfect complement to your DJI™ drone, Moverio BT-300FPV smart glasses redefine First-person View (FPV), with a transparent display that makes it easy to view your drone’s video feed and key flight statistics, while keeping the aircraft in sight.
  • Maintain a clear line of sight — transparent display allows drone pilots to see key flight statistics, while still maintaining visual line of sight with the aircraft
  • Premier FPV DJI partner — controller comes preloaded with DJI’s popular DJI GO App
  • Easily record your drone in flight — front-facing camera captures real-time 1080p footage (at 30 fps) of your drone in flight, from the pilot’s point of view
  • Light, comfortable fit — world’s lightest Si-OLED-powered, binocular, transparent smart glasses1, only 2.5 oz/69 g; easy to wear, even for extended periods of time
  • Good visibility in bright sunlight — includes an extra-dark shade so there’s no need for a hood; maintain visual line of sight with your drone, even in sunny environments
  • Custom clips to hold the controller in place — securely holds the BT-300FPV controller to the DJI remote (works with Phantom™ 3, 4 and Inspire™ 1 remotes)
  • Android-based system — easily browse the Web, play games and stream content (does not support the Google Play™ store or other Google® Mobile Services)
  • Prescription glasses-friendly — fits over a wide range of prescription eyewear
  • Portable — rechargeable battery (in controller) offers up to six hours of battery life2; built-in card slot supports removable microSDHC cards up to 32GB
  • Future-ready — motion sensors, front-facing high-resolution camera and the ability to render 3D content will enable developers to build next-generation flight experiences
FAQS

Last edited:
epson-moverio-bt-300-smartglasses-33.jpg B8E46ACF-343E-42D9-98D4-C11CA3FB9FD9-9457-00000C6516900B98.jpeg
Just wondering if you turn the screen to full brightness can you get the image from the drone so clear as to block the view of the Drone through the screen?
Hey, thanks for the question. Even though the screen has a very clear and robust image, it would not be possible to block out the drone totally. The screens do not take up the entire field of view within the lenses.

Last edited:
Question about the battery life. Does anyone know how long the battery will last at high/ full brightness.

Also do you chache the maps to the glasses or do you still use a cell phone?

Last edited:
Question about the battery life. Does anyone know how long the battery will last at high/ full brightness.

Also do you chache the maps to the glasses or do you still use a cell phone?

Hey Nzfarmboy. The glasses will last approximately 6 hours under normal use. (Surfing net, watching movies etc.) I've seen reports and experienced 2+ hours with brightness turned all the way up and still had reserves. Please note that the moverios will charge from your TX. When flying for more than a few hours, I carry a small powerbank that works like a charm.

Yes, maps can be cached to the glasses.

Reactions: Scubadiver1944
Great to see the Moverios get their own section here at MavicPilots. And apparently, "official" vendor support. I'm completely satisfied with mine. Do you have insight into any future development (software or firmware) for the BT-300s?

Great to see the Moverios get their own section here at MavicPilots. And apparently, "official" vendor support. I'm completely satisfied with mine. Do you have insight into any future development (software or firmware) for the BT-300s?

Hey Will! It is good to hear that you are satisfied with your glasses. In my opinion, they have really enhanced the way people fly FPV. Not to mention the other capabilities outside of flying your DJI drones. (AR, Email, movies, web surfing, gaming etc. ) There are definitely some exciting things on the horizon for the Moverio Platform soon to come, so stay tuned!

The perfect complement to your DJI™ drone, Moverio BT-300FPV smart glasses redefine First-person View (FPV), with a transparent display that makes it easy to view your drone’s video feed and key flight statistics, while keeping the aircraft in sight.
  • Maintain a clear line of sight — transparent display allows drone pilots to see key flight statistics, while still maintaining visual line of sight with the aircraft
  • Premier FPV DJI partner — controller comes preloaded with DJI’s popular DJI GO App
  • Easily record your drone in flight — front-facing camera captures real-time 1080p footage (at 30 fps) of your drone in flight, from the pilot’s point of view
  • Light, comfortable fit — world’s lightest Si-OLED-powered, binocular, transparent smart glasses1, only 2.5 oz/69 g; easy to wear, even for extended periods of time
  • Good visibility in bright sunlight — includes an extra-dark shade so there’s no need for a hood; maintain visual line of sight with your drone, even in sunny environments
  • Custom clips to hold the controller in place — securely holds the BT-300FPV controller to the DJI remote (works with Phantom™ 3, 4 and Inspire™ 1 remotes)
  • Android-based system — easily browse the Web, play games and stream content (does not support the Google Play™ store or other Google® Mobile Services)
  • Prescription glasses-friendly — fits over a wide range of prescription eyewear
  • Portable — rechargeable battery (in controller) offers up to six hours of battery life2; built-in card slot supports removable microSDHC cards up to 32GB
  • Future-ready — motion sensors, front-facing high-resolution camera and the ability to render 3D content will enable developers to build next-generation flight experiences
FAQS

What app is being used in the video about using the glasses to learn to fly? I have the glasses and would like to use this app for practice sessions when I can't actually fly. Can you use things like tripod and point of interest modes. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hey Chazz,

Thank you for your interest. The application is not released yet. The video was just a sneak peak.

I’ve had my set since around March. I really liked them at first but after the updates back around two mo ago they have been extremely laggy and crashes 4 out of 5 times on launch and sometimes in the middle of flight. (Like when I was flying over a local lake) I emailed you guys several times over the last few mo with no replies. Hopefully you might have suggestions on how to get my all but useless bt300 working again with my Mvp

Hello Fullassault. Sorry to hear you are having this issue. Pm me your contact information and I will put you in contact with someone who can assist.

Reactions: ksmusa
Hello @EpsonMoverio.

I did not come to take this thread but happy you joined here. Please read the following twice:
EPSON has the worst possible customer service I have ever seen in my life. It is a disgrace. You guys really should be ashamed how you treat people that purchase a 1000 Euro device (Yes that is what it cost me incl shipping...)
I was one of the few users quite a while ago (and always found it was the best thing to use for drones) that got the BT300 and had issues with it. The device was faulty and EPSON kept me weeks/months and did nothing but promise to call / mail me back. They never did. I ended up being left to the mercy of AMAZON (thumbs up Amazon!) and they replaced it. Also my current one has issues.
Whenever the connection port (glasses to device) is slightly moved say by turning your head, sometimes one of the screens goes faulty and image is horror unless you close one eye. The system requires an unplug/plug and reboot to fix this. I have always pampered it, never pulled too hard. I thought a portable device should allow turning your head to an extent without giving issues.. I do not dare to contact EPSON anymore cause it is stressful and frustrating cause you do not do anything to help.
The BT300 is fantastic until it gets issues. Just want to warn the good folks: I still like the BT300 very much and would recommend it but make sure you get it from a place that has good return policies. ( @EpsonMoverio: end of message, please read again;))

Hello @EpsonMoverio.

I did not come to take this thread but happy you joined here. Please read the following twice:
EPSON has the worst possible customer service I have ever seen in my life. It is a disgrace. You guys really should be ashamed how you treat people that purchase a 1000 Euro device (Yes that is what it cost me incl shipping...)
I was one of the few users quite a while ago (and always found it was the best thing to use for drones) that got the BT300 and had issues with it. The device was faulty and EPSON kept me weeks/months and did nothing but promise to call / mail me back. They never did. I ended up being left to the mercy of AMAZON (thumbs up Amazon!) and they replaced it. Also my current one has issues.
Whenever the connection port (glasses to device) is slightly moved say by turning your head, sometimes one of the screens goes faulty and image is horror unless you close one eye. The system requires an unplug/plug and reboot to fix this. I have always pampered it, never pulled too hard. I thought a portable device should allow turning your head to an extent without giving issues.. I do not dare to contact EPSON anymore cause it is stressful and frustrating cause you do not do anything to help.
The BT300 is fantastic until it gets issues. Just want to warn the good folks: I still like the BT300 very much and would recommend it but make sure you get it from a place that has good return policies. ( @EpsonMoverio: end of message, please read again;))

From the beginning the microphone in the remote (aerplugs-cable) does not work, Epson won't even sell me a new cable, they say they don't have spare parts. Yes I could send back the whole package, but I bought it to fly my drone on an upcomming vacation.

Hey Maclak,

First, I would like to apologize for the lack of "after the sale" customer service you have received and the hardware issues you are experiencing. I know it can be frustrating when you have spent your hard earned money on a product and service, and it falls short of your expectations. Thank you for sharing your experience, if you could PM me your contact info, I can hopefully assist you better.

Reactions: ksmusa
The only customer service experience I've had with the Movarios has been excellent. I broke the piece of plastic that retains the nose bridge and sun shield. (Described in detail in the BT-300 Review thread) A new part was less than $2.00, but none were in stock. A two month wait was anticipated before they became available.

Epson immediately sent me a complete replacement BT-300 under warranty and I was back in business. Excellent service. My concern is that after the warranty expires, spare parts may prove to be a problem. I ordered the part that failed to have one available if it happens again, but have not yet received it. Wonder how Epson will address the parts availability issue?

Reactions: Brandon
Hey Maclak,

First, I would like to apologize for the lack of "after the sale" customer service you have received and the hardware issues you are experiencing. I know it can be frustrating when you have spent your hard earned money on a product and service, and it falls short of your expectations. Thank you for sharing your experience, if you could PM me your contact info, I can hopefully assist you better.

It's good to see vendors here to support their products, however it's less great when the problem solving for customers happens in private. I think everyone here would gain a lot by hearing how you deal with these complaints and what solutions were arrived at.

I think many of us are interested in this product potentially, but will continue to be hesitant until it appears to be stable.

As a past customer for Epson Pro Printers, I can attest that Epson makes some very fine product, but after sale service was never great. I hope that Epson endeavours to change this in the future.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS