DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need to update batteries, too?

Teesquar

Reactions
Been on a hiatus from my mavic and catching up on updates. Do I need to swap out all my batts and rerun the update for each?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Inspirephil
If the firmware on the current battery needs to be updated, you'll see a message like this displayed in DJI GO.

I have been wondering about proper battery storage since i got my Pro...i have searched the forums and on line to get the right answer...When storing the battery,should it be 1/2 charged ? FULL ? etc etc...is there a definitive answer ? ..i have seen various responses from many over the past year and still don't know the correct or proper way to store...i have been charging it 1/2 way and leave it in my back pack with all the rest of The Mavic's parts...Any definitive answer ? THANKS ALL

I have been wondering about proper battery storage since i got my Pro...i have searched the forums and on line to get the right answer...When storing the battery,should it be 1/2 charged ? FULL ? etc etc...is there a definitive answer ? ..i have seen various responses from many over the past year and still don't know the correct or proper way to store...i have been charging it 1/2 way and leave it in my back pack with all the rest of The Mavic's parts...Any definitive answer ? THANKS ALL
feelfree to read my post #4 in the thread winter time battery storage that should help

Post # 4 does not have anything related to Battery life...i tried but mayb the # is off ? Thanks anyway for trying
e

Post # 4 does not have anything related to Battery life...i tried but mayb the # is off ? Thanks anyway for trying
e
click on the link in post #8 in this thread by Kilomikebravo

Yup there is, look again.
if possible...i am not too savy with the site...in a simple way...is it best to charge it FULLY before the next use or HALF WAY or ? ? Thanks in advance for any help...Swings16...Martin

if possible...i am not too savy with the site...in a simple way...is it best to charge it FULLY before the next use or HALF WAY or ? ? Thanks in advance for any help...Swings16...Martin
dear new member i will try to give you some answers to your enquiery lipo batts dont like to be stored fully charged or in a very low charge state at those two extreames they can become damaged and loose there ability to hold or be charged the ideal storage charge is 3.8 volts per cell and in the case of DJI inteligent batts that equates to between 50 to 60 percent of charge also the batts need to be charged to full and then discharged to the storage at least once a month this can be done by charging them up the day before you plan to fly and then flying them down to around 50 percent and they are safe to store for another period of time there are instuctions in the DJI manuals about battery managment and if you follow the advise given they should last for a long time hope this helps

dear new member i will try to give you some answers to your enquiery lipo batts dont like to be stored fully charged or in a very low charge state at those two extreames they can become damaged and loose there ability to hold or be charged the ideal storage charge is 3.8 volts per cell and in the case of DJI inteligent batts that equates to between 50 to 60 percent of charge also the batts need to be charged to full and then discharged to the storage at least once a month this can be done by charging them up the day before you plan to fly and then flying them down to around 50 percent and they are safe to store for another period of time there are instuctions in the DJI manuals about battery managment and if you follow the advise given they should last for a long time hope this helps

It helps TREMENDOUSLY and i thank you for taking the time to give me a DETAILED response to my question...MUCH appreciated !

It helps TREMENDOUSLY and i thank you for taking the time to give me a DETAILED response to my question...MUCH appreciated !
no problem i am still learning how the site works so you are not alone never be afraid to ask there is always someone who can help you

Reactions: swings16

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kueaue