DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic 3 firmware is out

Is Airsense working?
Did a flight after downgrading to the official firmware as mine was .601 and AirSense shows the aircraft but I had no audible warning at all and no visual red flashing as it flew 500 meters above my craft.

• Sad
Reactions: oztx and zeusfl
Try converting it using handbrake.
Thanks for the suggestion. What would you recommend converting it to? PTGui would not allow me to save the stitch as a JPG, which would allow for file compression.

Looks like a silent fix that was implemented.
Indeed, and a very necessary one, when trying to keep the RC-Pro antennas facing the drone for best signal stability! It was very annoying to not be able to rely on the unlocked map orientation icons!

Reactions: Suren
Did a flight after downgrading to the official firmware as mine was .601 and AirSense shows the aircraft but I had no audible warning at all and no visual red flashing as it flew 500 meters above my craft.
Check your volume control. I never heard the Home Point being updated on the RC-Pro until I found how to adjust the RC-Pro volume, which is not obvious. Could be similar.

But will they or do they want to push the segment of their base that does such things towards the Matrice.

Ran quick flight, new update worked fine
I really hope they don't as the Matrice is not overly portable. Had some positive feedback from two moderators over on DJI forums who will take the idea to their design teams. No guarantee but if we all keep asking them for it...

The manual 7x Tele Grid Stitch is spectacular! Completed a 5 row, 240 image 360° pano, and stitched it in PTGui last night. The TIFF is over a Gig! Unfortunately, the only program that can display it properly is Photoshop, but the detail is mesmerizing! However, the file size is so large that it crashes in everything else when I try to open it, or convert it for web use!
Love to see a jpeg if you get the chance. So if the vertical of the 24mm is 100% how much of that do you think the 5 rows cover? Are we talking close to 40%-50%

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
Love to see a jpeg if you get the chance. So if the vertical of the 24mm is 100% how much of that do you think the 5 rows cover? Are we talking close to 40%-50%
I still can't convert it to a JPG yet without downscaling its quality and resolution by 90%, defeating the whole purpose! Original TIFF from PTGui was 5.5 GB. It's Image is now 131,487 x 10,005 pixels and 8GB in size as a PSB file in Photoshop. Its probably closer to 30% of the 180° vertical field. Once you get 5 rows below the horizon, it's impossible to accurately keep track of the image yaw movements because of the extreme angle. A 162mm lens in 35mm terms has a diagonal FoV of 15° and a horizontal FoV of 12.7° and a vertical FoV of 8°.
47 images horizontally created 360° horizontally with appropriate overlap.

I still can't convert it to a JPG yet without downscaling its quality and resolution by 90%, defeating the whole purpose! Original TIFF from PTGui was 5.5 GB. It's Image is now 131,487 x 10,005 pixels and 8GB in size as a PSB file in Photoshop. Its probably closer to 30% of the 180° vertical field. Once you get 5 rows below the horizon, it's impossible to accurately keep track of the image yaw movements because of the extreme angle. A 162mm lens in 35mm terms has a diagonal FoV of 15° and a horizontal FoV of 12.7° and a vertical FoV of 8°.
47 images horizontally created 360° horizontally with appropriate overlap.
I think you are very resourceful to get a 360 like that, those file sizes are humungus!

I've roughly worked out you can fit about seven 7x zoom shots across the view of the 24mm so if that cameras 4000 x 3000 pixels then of your 131487 pixels about 28000 represent the 24mm lens field of view?

Would be great if you could crop out a 28000 x 10005 section and post that? Same horizontal view roughly the 24mm would take.

Had some positive feedback from two moderators over on DJI forums who will take the idea to their design teams. No guarantee but if we all keep asking them for it...
No guarantee?
That's their standard response to anyone who makes any suggestion and 99% of the time, nothing more is ever heard of it.

Installed at 3 am. Pouring rain and heavy storms predicted all day. Of course.

Suren! You got V01.00.0601. This is V01.00.0600 - I want the magic extra stuff you got, lol. Maybe Airsense fix is only on .0601. **** beta crowd, they get all the goodies - and new bugs 🐛 🙄

the software did not fix anything on my drone. still takes forever. @DJI is this a joke?
@DJI is not the company, but a member that has not been on the forum since June of 2017 and never posted to this thread. The @ before a username is a way to send them an alert a bit like on Facebook, but if they haven’t been posting in a thread it doesn’t make sense to use it.

MavicPilots is a forum of members who are customers like you and is not directly affiliated with DJI the company, and they do not monitor or post officially in this forum. That said, there are a great number of very knowledgeable members that can help with issues of most any DJI drone on the market.

No guarantee?
That's their standard response to anyone who makes any suggestion and 99% of the time, nothing more is ever heard of it.
Actually it's more like:

Thank you, our upper management teams and tech teams are well aware of your request and feedback, please rest assured that your comments have already been forwarded to the related departments. I am hoping that the drone will be equipped with satisfactory features and meet the expectations for our customers.

Or similar smoke (removed by moderator). Lol!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
This firmware has fix nothing about gps!
As you many already fingured out.
Exzactly the same as before firmware!

If i can return the dron i will now definetly do this step.

Like i buy toy for 200€.

He found very fast in the room, not outdoors, 12 satellites of the bird, in about 20-30 sec !!!
I correct myself sorry, not even fast!
I'm in a different place here I restarted and about the same amount of time as before the update! For me, up to 2-3 minutes before refreshing the satellite, that's all! (I used to move up and down in 2-3 minutes then I think!)

That’s still acceptable, but Mavic 1 almost didn’t realize I had to wait for satellites. I wouldn't have expected this from a much more modern device! :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer