DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic 3 firmware is out

Yes, it certainly is. Downloaded, installed, and tested. Sat lock in under a minute on first boot-up (compared to three to four minutes in the same location with previous firmware). Need to do more testing, but the initial result is very promising. No other changes noted in either the M3 or the RC Pro with the 0600 firmware.
Im glad its working out for you

00:02:25 cold.
00:00:20 warm.

That works for me.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I never had the 5+ minute wait times other people have experienced (but I admittedly don't fly often). But I did do the firmware update on PC with the Assistant on both the aircraft and the RC Pro. I took it out my front door for a quick check and got 13 satellites literally immediately. Then 17 after it was in the air for a few minutes. A massive improvement to be certain.

I think you are very resourceful to get a 360 like that, those file sizes are humungus!

I've roughly worked out you can fit about seven 7x zoom shots across the view of the 24mm so if that cameras 4000 x 3000 pixels then of your 131487 pixels about 28000 represent the 24mm lens field of view?

Would be great if you could crop out a 28000 x 10005 section and post that? Same horizontal view roughly the 24mm would take.
I'm struggling to do anything other than just open the file in PS.
Have you placed your order yet?

This firmware has fix nothing about gps!
As you many already fingured out.
Exzactly the same as before firmware!

If i can return the dron i will now definetly do this step.

Like i buy toy for 200€.
Update!!

Today gps works for me perfect. I dont know why at the day when i update it didnt work.

First start 2.30 minutes gps lock 13.satelites.

5 hours later i get gps lock 1.45 secounds.

So i am happy now👍

With the 600 software gps is as slow as before in busy regions (Cologne Germany)
12 Satellites after more than 150 sec.
Not satisfied.

I'm struggling to do anything other than just open the file in PS.
Have you placed your order yet?
Looks like a RAM upgrade might be coming :)

Just waiting on fresh stock I'm looking for a post January manufacture date, just call me superstitious. Don't think sales have been as chaotic as other drone releases here I remember the Mavic 2 Pro selling out really fast. Guess I'll just have to wait.

So, is the GPS problem solved? Should I finally buy the M3?
Hard to know about GPS seems lots still having issues. I'm similar to you, looking to buy. I'm almost there just wanting to get latest build. You have had experience with a few drones. What's your take on the image sharpness here Mavic 3 image softness issues? there are actual images to download. A little concerning if DJI are calling that normal (see left side especially). What's your thoughts on that?

Cheers

Tested it 2 hours ago and it still takes good 2 mins to see 13-14 satellites.
My Mavic 2 Pro can do it in less then 30 seconds... In the same spot my Mavic 3 only gets a week GPS even after 5 minutes.... So I fly out to a more open area then it locks them all. Why all of a sudden is DJI having GPS issues.... because it's a design flaw that might be 100% hardware related so No firmware update will ever make it close to the Mavic 2!

The manual 7x Tele Grid Stitch is spectacular! Completed a 5 row, 240 image 360° pano, and stitched it in PTGui last night. The TIFF is over a Gig! Unfortunately, the only program that can display it properly is Photoshop, but the detail is mesmerizing! However, the file size is so large that it crashes in everything else when I try to open it, or convert it for web use!
reduce the image size! guess not as I am sure it would be tiny then.

Looks like a RAM upgrade might be coming :)

Just waiting on fresh stock I'm looking for a post January manufacture date, just call me superstitious. Don't think sales have been as chaotic as other drone releases here I remember the Mavic 2 Pro selling out really fast. Guess I'll just have to wait.
Plenty of RAM. 64GB. Still experimenting with the 5GB TIFF image stitch. There is a size limit to a JPG, though.

OsitaLV says the original round 7x lens has a slightly better FOV and is marginally sharper, if the best 7x is what you want.

Reactions: Bussty
My Mavic 2 Pro can do it in less then 30 seconds... In the same spot my Mavic 3 only gets a week GPS even after 5 minutes.... So I fly out to a more open area then it locks them all. Why all of a sudden is DJI having GPS issues.... because it's a design flaw that might be 100% hardware related so No firmware update will ever make it close to the Mavic 2!
It worked before the December 10th Firmware???

Plenty of RAM. 64GB. Still experimenting with the 5GB TIFF image stitch. There is a size limit to a JPG, though.

OsitaLV says the original round 7x lens has a slightly better FOV and is marginally sharper, if the best 7x is what you want.
4GB pixel jpeg limit... that's not going to cut it is it. I take it that's regardless of actual file size?

So I have seen two tests so far both contradicted each other. Not sure how 100% independent either were TBH. Quite surprised nobody else has compared the two a Google search reveals little. Not so worried about either have seen enough video online to be happy with either. If OsitaLV results were accurate it's so close would be hard to tell the difference visually. If the original poster was accurate I'd be happy with that too (Oval). Still seems a strange thing to "make up" maybe the round one was a bad unit as the visuals supplied didn't match the test results OsitaLV found. I've been told you aren't going to know what you get until you open the box so not much I can do about it any case so I'll just roll the dice on that one.

4GB pixel jpeg limit... that's not going to cut it is it. I take it that's regardless of actual file size?

So I have seen two tests so far both contradicted each other. Not sure how 100% independent either were TBH. Quite surprised nobody else has compared the two a Google search reveals little. Not so worried about either have seen enough video online to be happy with either. If OsitaLV results were accurate it's so close would be hard to tell the difference visually. If the original poster was accurate I'd be happy with that too (Oval). Still seems a strange thing to "make up" maybe the round one was a bad unit as the visuals supplied didn't match the test results OsitaLV found. I've been told you aren't going to know what you get until you open the box so not much I can do about it any case so I'll just roll the dice on that one.
Not sure. I recall seeing something about 10,000 pixels along one side being a limit.

As to the M3, just buy whatever is available currently, and join the party! You're missing out on all the fun on the field, while sitting on the sidelines trying to decide which team is best. On any given day, either one of them are capable of winning!

Reactions: Bussty
Billy's YouTube on .600 FW and GPS.
The long-short of video... improved minimal, but not corrected.

The update worked perfectly for me, and the gps connection works in less than 1 minute. I’ve tried several locations and am very pleased with it now.

FW update did not improve my 3-6 minute GPS lock .... BUT .... it improved the 7x camera again by a lot!

Cheers, Jon

Update:
After 600 firmware update (and a cold start) I received HPR in 1:30. I was in the Transverse Mountain Range with open skies and 5 to 7k feet peaks.

Two days later:
From a cold start to HPR it took 5 mins. I was in Orange County, CA buffering the Disneyland permanent TFR/NFZ zone.
:confused:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu