DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic 3 firmware is out

I correct myself sorry, not even fast!
I'm in a different place here I restarted and about the same amount of time as before the update! For me, up to 2-3 minutes before refreshing the satellite, that's all! (I used to move up and down in 2-3 minutes then I think!)

That’s still acceptable, but Mavic 1 almost didn’t realize I had to wait for satellites. I wouldn't have expected this from a much more modern device! :)
So you're sorry again! Learning from it, 1 test is not a test!

I went a few miles away, turned on the drone again and then the RC pro, by the time the RC was ready 13 satellites were up and running! I couldn't start a stopwatch at first :)

I went about 10 miles again, Mavic ready, RC ready then I started the stopwatch, 73 seconds 14 satellites!

So no big deal, it will be good! :)

Did a quick test and 18 sats and home point updated message in less than 45 seconds, fingers crossed... this issue is now sorted. Obviously will do more tests to see what other bugs are sorted also. Dji a bit slow on this one, but as usual they get there in the end.

Done a second test 4 hours later than first and even better; 20 sats and updated home point and timed at 35 seconds. Previous firmware from that same position anywhere between 4-8mins.

Spoke too soon maybe, Done a 3rd flight 5 hours after 2nd flight, 3mins + and only 12 sats..

Last edited:
Another test - 10.minutes and no home point recorded 10 satelites max.

Air 2s under one minute.

No fix for me.

you would have to go out of your way to willfully "get it wrong" when you interpet the @DJI at nothing less then directing a message at the company.
for posting off topic an getting it wrong on purpose. ill give ya the benefit of the doubt, you got it wrong on purpose.
That might work on Facebook or Twitter but not here. Click on @DJI and it will bring up that person’s account and show you the last time they signed in.

I’m not getting on to you, I’m just letting you know that you can shout to @DJI until the cows come home and it will get you nowhere. You just joined the forum and I’m trying to let you know the facts of the forum.[/MEDIA]
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
That might work on Facebook or Twitter but not here. Click on @DJI and it will bring up that person’s account and show you the last time they signed in.

I’m not getting on to you, I’m just letting you know that you can shout to @DJI until the cows come home and it will get you nowhere. You just joined the forum and I’m trying to let you know the facts of the forum.[/MEDIA]

For what it's worth the user @DJI, last logged into the site on August 15, 2017.

Sigh, got excited. just did a cold start test after letting it sit from the firmware update.

3:30 seconds home point set then immediately dropped down between 9-11 sat lock and was not until 5:50 seconds that it has a solid 12 satellites again and I took off and it reset the homepoint...

Im pretty sure i could of popped it up on first set and did the up down dance and got it quicker but just wanted it good to go from ground.

Used up 3% from a full battery too so was 97% when I was good good to go.

@Phantomrain.org let us know you results when you can try.

I Thanks for the suggestion. What would you recommend converting it to? PTGui would not allow me to save the stitch as a JPG, which would allow for file compression.
Thanks for the suggestion. What would you recommend converting it to? PTGui would not allow me to save the stitch as a JPG, which would allow for file compression.
I normally use handbrake to reduce the size of videos or photos, it works very well. It is a free download as well.

Check your volume control. I never heard the Home Point being updated on the RC-Pro until I found how to adjust the RC-Pro volume, which is not obvious. Could be similar.
The map icon is supposed to flash red as well but that did not happen, volume was full up.

Installed at 3 am. Pouring rain and heavy storms predicted all day. Of course.

Suren! You got V01.00.0601. This is V01.00.0600 - I want the magic extra stuff you got, lol. Maybe Airsense fix is only on .0601. **** beta crowd, they get all the goodies - and new bugs 🐛 🙄
🤣🤣🤣 So far the only bug in 0601 was a late audible alarm on Airsense and with 0600 there is no audible alarm warning.

I hope now everyone believes me, its out officially.

Yes, it certainly is. Downloaded, installed, and tested. Sat lock in under a minute on first boot-up (compared to three to four minutes in the same location with previous firmware). Need to do more testing, but the initial result is very promising. No other changes noted in either the M3 or the RC Pro with the 0600 firmware.

Reactions: Suren
Yes, it certainly is. Downloaded, installed, and tested. Sat lock in under a minute on first boot-up (compared to three to four minutes in the same location with previous firmware). Need to do more testing, but the initial result is very promising. No other changes noted in either the M3 or the RC Pro with the 0600 firmware.
If you tested it immediately after fw update, that’s not accurate. Wait a while for a cold boot or test in a new location. It acquires satellites while it is doing the fw update so it’s artificially faster.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Esccueje