DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New mavic fimware out of the box.

Tzonny

Reactions
Hi all after sending back 2 phantom 3 se drones because od sd card issues and sevral other problems i bit the bullet and bought a mavic,i studied countless videos and read as much as i could but the one worrying thing that kept popping up was the word FIRMWARE UPDATESon unboxing the current ac firmware is 01.03.1000,it is constantly telling me to upgrade,i live in uk and understand we have weaker signals here and firmware updates seem to restrict them further,has anyone got any suggestions if i should upgrade or stay on this one if its stable,thanks in advance for any help.

I am a firm believer in updating to new releases of the firmware. The latest version is stable, hardly any reported FW incidents, and I find that most restrictions are imposed to keep the pilot and DJI out of trouble and in compliance with current laws.

To update the firmware on the Mavic, I use the micro USB slot on the drone itself. Updates almost never seem to fail.

Reactions: Tzonny
I am a firm believer in updating to new releases of the firmware. The latest version is stable, hardly any reported FW incidents, and I find that most restrictions are imposed to keep the pilot and DJI out of trouble and in compliance with current laws.

To update the firmware on the Mavic, I use the micro USB slot on the drone itself. Updates almost never seem to fail.

+1 Thunderdrones knows what he is talking about, definitely use the DJI Assistant 2 on the PC for the updates to the AC and RC , don't forget to turn on both when connecting to the PC.
Using DJI Assistant 2 with a usb cable connection is much safer than trying to do it over wi-fi which can suffer disconnects

+1 definitely use the DJI Assistant 2 on the PC for the updates to the AC and RC , don't forget to turn on both when connecting to the PC.
Using DJI Assistant 2 with a usb cable connection, is much safer than trying to do it over wi-fi which can suffer disconnects

And unmount the props :)

Reactions: Tzonny
Thanks guys,my internet is good here and to be honest im not that tech savvie with pc's,with the two p3 se that i sent back they updated fine,but seems there were quite a few sd card issues,this mavic came with one and it works

I wonder too why there are so many people posting firmware update issues.?

Hi thunderdromes thanks for your thoughts,i was worried about them further cutting the distance,i am in a ce area and when i had the two p3se neither would go beyond 160m which is far less than the stated 500m,dont get me wrong i would be way to scared to fly a mile but would be nice to know i could get the 500m stated as law,are you in ce and what distances can you get.thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31