DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New member shopping for a mavic2 pro/zoom and advice

spicciani2

Reactions
Hey guys I'm from Mo-beel alabama. I've been watching the classifieds on this site (very infrequently) for the last few years.. I'm tired of waiting and want to jump off the jew wagon.

I kayak, I motorcycle and I wanna slow down to take some photos.

I guess I need to do more research on drone pilot licensing? (can you send me a link or 5 to read?) I know the FAA is a bit more controlling on the drone front now.

I would prefer to buy used. Is the 20-30% cut in price worth the lack of a warranty?

Here is you a whole section. sUAV Rules & Regulations
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Reactions: spicciani2
Welcome! Join this forum a few days and I find myself in a like situation as you are in. Performing my extensive research before purchasing my first drone, which let me to Mavic Drones, most likely the M2. There's a significant amount of information to be had.

Welcome! Join this forum a few days and I find myself in a like situation as you are in. Performing my extensive research before purchasing my first drone, which let me to Mavic Drones, most likely the M2. There's a significant amount of information to be had.
Yes thats an american shopping problem.. too many choices and soooo much info to go with it.

I guess I need to do more research on drone pilot licensing?
Are you just going to be flying for fun (not for commercial purposes)? If so, you don't need a license. You just need to follow these rules.

I would prefer to buy used. Is the 20-30% cut in price worth the lack of a warranty?
If you buy a refurbished drone from the DJI Store, it will come in like new condition and will have the same 1 year warranty as a brand new DJI drone. See more details here.

Are you just going to be flying for fun (not for commercial purposes)? If so, you don't need a license. You just need to follow these rules.

If you buy a refurbished drone from the DJI Store, it will come in like new condition and will have the same 1 year warranty as a brand new DJI drone. See more details here.
But the pro is out of stock... :( but definitely a decent price
Intertesting that the difference in price is only 10$

Of course I'd love to pay the same and get some accessories from someone getting rid of theirs
You might find a deal on eBay. If you buy from someone else, get a copy of their original sales receipt. That'll allow you to use whatever is remaining from their 1 year warranty.

Welcome to the forum :)

If you've not already done so, it might be helpful if you go and add your LOCATION to your account. This helps when asking questions about location specific items (Rules & Regulations for instance).

Click >>>> HERE <<<< to go directly to your Account Details and add your location details in the Loc field.

Hey guys I'm from Mo-beel alabama. I've been watching the classifieds on this site (very infrequently) for the last few years.. I'm tired of waiting and want to jump off the jew wagon.

I guess I need to do more research on drone pilot licensing? (can you send me a link or 5 to read?) I know the FAA is a bit more controlling on the drone front now.

Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy! Where are you from?

There are options in warranties. I carry DJICare and AMA insurance.

To license your drone check this out

You can download the FULL manual to consider the features here:

I do the outdoor activities you do plus many more (I'm sure you do to). Due to obstructions that are different at every outdoor activity.....I must have zoom capabilities to get video in about 80% of my shots because of obsticle forced standoff shot position. If you get the M2P instead of the M2Zoom you will not be happy. A very high % of your shots will be ants doing something ...nobody knows what? A couple of the 1000 examples M2Z gets you that M2P can't touch: killing the high class rapids, narrow river, 60' trees or cliffs at waters edge both sides....shot from 90' up starting 300 yards away approaching drone. With M2Z you get a 1 minute vid and can read the helmet label the whole time if you want. With M2P you get a weird black spot on the water first 30 seconds of vid....the last 30 seconds the ant gets bigger gradually and you can get a useable short shot. Off roading shots are a million you will want zoom capabilities. I live on large plot of land . At 1000yards I can zoom 4x to 96mm on black spot and ID cow, pig, horse, deer, coyote , turkey....etc . M2Z gives you versatility for outdoor adventure shots.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78