DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PLEASE HELP ME!! :( :(

Please reread post #21 in this thread and tell me what was polite about it. Strange that back at ya!! [emoji14]

SkyHigh Pyro Eye flying above

Polite enough. ;-)

Yes, but I never fly it above 400 feet and never above cities. Thats how I like it.

Drive safely. ;-)

I think I'll leave it at that for now. Lets meet again in another thread Mr.

I think I'll leave it at that for now. Lets meet again in another thread Mr.
Lol. You can not say you havent. So that also means you have broken the law. Please reread your driving rules and regulations and laws before you go out driving again and before you injury someone. Your reckless driving will cause all of us our privilege of driving.

We share meet again !!!!

SkyHigh Pyro Eye flying above

Reactions: djorgen
Such troll. Haha. :)

Reactions: royalhghnss
The impression I got, and the reason I made my post was that it appeared that Steve did not know the flight rules in his area. While he correctly knew that he did not need to register his drone, he indicated that flying below 400 feet was OK in Canada, which apparently it isn't.

I do think its important that people who are novices and come here asking for help get pointed to the rules even if they are not asking about them when it is clear they are violating them. I also don't think it should be done in a mean or condescending way. That was the intent of my post. If it came off as mean, then I apologize.

For people when know the rules and break them anyway, I wouldn't waste my time posting but I see nothing wrong with them getting their noses rubbed in it.

To you "drone police police" guys: I'm sorry, but if its not allowed to speak up when someone is flying close to an airport, or over a city, then what is the point of this forum anyho? Isnt this supposed to be a place in which we all share our love for drones, and helping each other out, and be able to speak up when we feel the need to? I.e. free speech? I dont really see how you can take some polite security reminders as "bashing" of people?

We see a lot of new pilots on this forum, and its just common sense to remind people of security guidelines when they clearly dont know/care about it.

I think there is a time and place for everything. That time isn't when someone has just lost a $1200 AC. That's just me though. No matter what the circumstances were I would want my Mavic back. I would absolutely disregard the comments that weren't aimed at helping me do that and.... I would probably be a little ugly about getting comments that were snarky and not helping me get my Mavic back.

Free speech - yes... feel free to be "that guy" in all the recovery threads but then don't get chaffed when someone calls you out for it.

The lessons learned here for a new pilot are fantastic. Everyone learns from mistakes. I like to learn from others mistakes so that I don't have to experience the consequences of my own mistakes

1) He did too much too soon.
2) If he had actually flown within the regulations he would likely still have his Mavic.
3) LOS - no matter how far you are away from your Mavic if your signal is blocked by an obstacle you will lose control of the Mavic and it will initiate RTH under the parameters you set.
4) RTH - higher than the highest obstacle plus 50 feet.
5) these things are amazing pieces of technology but they aren't foolproof. Fly within the rules. It is likely to result in the safe return of your unit. That benefits everyone.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: stratos
You may not want to read this but I am gonna say it anyway as it needs to be heard. Anyone who feels that reminding an operator of the rules is wrong is only contributing to the downfall of the hobby as we know it. Everyday I see videos of people flying over crowds, flying through crowded urban settings and flying in NFZ's. It is tragic because sooner or later bad things are going to start happening. With hundreds of thousands of these in the hands of inexperienced operators is a recipe for disaster. While they may be "toys" to some, they require a certain amount of responsibility to operate safely. There is no reason anyone should be posting threads about losing a drone in an urban setting as you should not be in that circumstance. It is completely irresponsible of any hobby operator to even consider a flight in such an area. If things progress like they have you can expect many more restrictions from towns & cities and more regulation from the FAA.

Fly safely out there people, you don't wanna be "that guy".
There is a difference between constructively informing someone of these things vs endless badgering. The latter happens too often. The former is what we should strive to do as a community.

As for the FAA they will restrict and regulate and add more rules no matter what happens. That's just what governments do.

There is a difference between constructively informing someone of these things vs endless badgering. The latter happens too often. The former is what we should strive to do as a community.

As for the FAA they will restrict and regulate and add more rules no matter what happens. That's just what governments do.
"That's what governments do"? I find it interesting that RC aircraft have been flown since the late 1920's but only now do we have all this new regulation. Seems they didn't "do it" till people started throwing caution to the wind. Get used to "endless badgering" for a long time to come as people don't seem to care much for safety & responsibility.

Reactions: Alabast
You may not want to read this but I am gonna say it anyway as it needs to be heard. Anyone who feels that reminding an operator of the rules is wrong is only contributing to the downfall of the hobby as we know it. ".
You may not want to read this but it needs to be heard. Anyone who feels the need to take every opportunity to berate and denigrate other members of this board are not helping anything. All they are doing is creating an atmosphere where nobody will air their problems.

There is a time and a place for everything. In order to get more people to observe the recommendations you are better served by doing it in a manner that is constructive. Jumping into every conversation with condemnation just creates animosity and division. Do continue though.

Last edited:
You're 100 percent right, I was just teasing. I've said it a lot, people who come here to dump on you when you're having a problem should know better. I was really distressed when I lost my mavic and i came here hoping to find out what my chances were of finding it/getting a new one or some other reassurance. I got a lot of that but along with it I got a bunch of people telling me I don't know how to fly etc etc. that's not what people in my position are looking for. As it happens, dji has replaced my mavic free of charge and I couldn't be happier!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

The OP stated that DJI replaced his Mavic for free

You may not want to read this but I am gonna say it anyway as it needs to be heard. Anyone who feels that reminding an operator of the rules is wrong is only contributing to the downfall of the hobby as we know it.
Fly safely out there people, you don't wanna be "that guy".

(Sorry my english, as you may see it's not my native language)

I'm new to this community, but after 52 years, I lived enough to be part of others with similar issues of safety, so (both sides) try to read my comment with some candor.

I understand this discussion is off topic and will not help the OP to find his drone (deeply sorry for your loss), but it's certainly important to many other users.

I really think - unfortunately- that all this "safety" advices are completely useless.

People will fly their drones how it pleases them.

It happened before with all inventions.
And it will happen again when someone introduce time machines.
Millions of people die every day because of misusing devices.
And all those accidents, sadly, are the most effective way to help improve the device safety in next versions of software or hardware.

Cars, planes, jetskis are safer today much more because those accidents and the industry response to them than because of other drivers/pilots demanding and alerting people to drive safely.

There will always be all kinds of recklessness.
It's simply human to try to expand the envelope of possibilities.
I, myself, live in a very populated area and will not stop flying here (taking all precautions I find reasonable) for nothing.

Drones are here to stay.
They are already popular enough.
I really don't think we need people to "protect" our hobby anymore.
This "protect the hobby" argument sounds to me as a sophismatic way to patronize.

I'm not saying we should not discuss safety.
Far from it.
I'm just saying we should focus on the OP's topic and avoid imposing judgment.

It is much more helpful to let every pilot report their own experience and errors so we can demand DJI to address this behavior, since they will surely be reoccurring with others users.

I thank to all "drone police" and "drone police police" for the advices but I guess it will be much more effective to create a specific topic about safety where all pilots could discuss the issue without being underestimated by those who consider themselves more experienced.

That's my two cents.

Any updates in finding the drone or replacing from DJI?

Thanks for asking, they are taking their sweet time but they are sending me a replacement bird. I bought one in the meantime with the intention to sell the one that they send me to cover my cost of this one. I just didn't want to be without it for weeks on end. Selling it at cost by the way when it arrives, I didn't do it to make money.

Reactions: m0j0 and RallySoob
(Sorry my english, as you may see it's not my native language)

I'm new to this community, but after 52 years, I lived enough to be part of others with similar issues of safety, so (both sides) try to read my comment with some candor.

I understand this discussion is off topic and will not help the OP to find his drone (deeply sorry for your loss), but it's certainly important to many other users.

I really think - unfortunately- that all this "safety" advices are completely useless.

People will fly their drones how it pleases them.

It happened before with all inventions.
And it will happen again when someone introduce time machines.
Millions of people die every day because of misusing devices.
And all those accidents, sadly, are the most effective way to help improve the device safety in next versions of software or hardware.

Cars, planes, jetskis are safer today much more because those accidents and the industry response to them than because of other drivers/pilots demanding and alerting people to drive safely.

There will always be all kinds of recklessness.
It's simply human to try to expand the envelope of possibilities.
I, myself, live in a very populated area and will not stop flying here (taking all precautions I find reasonable) for nothing.

Drones are here to stay.
They are already popular enough.
I really don't think we need people to "protect" our hobby anymore.
This "protect the hobby" argument sounds to me as a sophismatic way to patronize.

I'm not saying we should not discuss safety.
Far from it.
I'm just saying we should focus on the OP's topic and avoid imposing judgment.

It is much more helpful to let every pilot report their own experience and errors so we can demand DJI to address this behavior, since they will surely be reoccurring with others users.

I thank to all "drone police" and "drone police police" for the advices but I guess it will be much more effective to create a specific topic about safety where all pilots could discuss the issue without being underestimated by those who consider themselves more experienced.

That's my two cents.

I'm so happy that my "drone police police" has taken off and people are starting to use it. I feel honoured!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes