DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PolarPro Cinema Series - UNBOXING and GIMBAL TEST

When the camera makes the turn across that gimbal arm, what SHOULD the clearance be?

I'm just wondering if we're talking a millimeter or a few microns. If there's a decent amount of clearance, then I'd have to assume it's installation error. But if we're looking at a hair of clearance, maybe it's an issue of occasional manufacturing issues with the Mavic.

I'm just wondering if we're talking a millimeter or a few microns. If there's a decent amount of clearance, then I'd have to assume it's installation error. But if we're looking at a hair of clearance, maybe it's an issue of occasional manufacturing issues with the Mavic.

There is a very small area of clearance with this little camera. When the manufacturing variance on the Mavic camera is at the opposite end of our filter manufacturing variance, some error codes might be thrown. The good news is as long as you are willing to work with us, we will send out filters until we get one dialed in to your specific camera.

Additionally, the PL and ND/PL filters are slightly taller than the straight ND filters, which would explain why the ND/PL's could potentially throw a code.

-Jeff

I like the filter set. It would be kinda nice to have a standard ND4 without the polarizer, but meh. Haven't had any problems with gimbal errors yet. BUT - I am kinda niffed about having such large cases for small filters. Both sets come in individual cases. All 6 filters could have easily been placed in one case.

I like the filter set. It would be kinda nice to have a standard ND4 without the polarizer, but meh. Haven't had any problems with gimbal errors yet. BUT - I am kinda niffed about having such large cases for small filters. Both sets come in individual cases. All 6 filters could have easily been placed in one case.

I'll second this while we're on the topic. I love my Vivid series so far and have the Vivids coming in for the P4P as well. But it'd be nice to have a much smaller case for the Mavic filters and, in the case of the Mavic, an ND8, ND16, ND32 all polarized set would be far more useful than the current offerings. The ND32 is necessary is shooting for snow, the ND16 is necessary for cold/bright days, and the ND8 is necessary for cloudy bright days. That'll leave you with no jello in any conditions. You can call it the anti-jello set.

Reactions: t0rpedo
I'll second this while we're on the topic. I love my Vivid series so far and have the Vivids coming in for the P4P as well. But it'd be nice to have a much smaller case for the Mavic filters and, in the case of the Mavic, an ND8, ND16, ND32 all polarized set would be far more useful than the current offerings. You can call it the anti-jello set.

So much yes. It's such a pain to have to color balance a shoot with PL and standard filter changes. Don't get me wrong I love the PL effect, but more stops in each series would have been my preference rather than a sample pack from each. I'm tempted to get the TACO set just so I have a full range of standardized colors I can work with in post.

So much yes. It's such a pain to have to color balance a shoot with PL and standard filter changes. Don't get me wrong I love the PL effect, but more stops in each series would have been my preference rather than a sample pack from each.

Lucky for you we have a lot of new filters in development :)
-Jeff

Lucky for you we have a lot of new filters in development :)
-Jeff

Suweet. Now if you sold individual filters for a reasonable price and were willing to offer a smaller case for the filters... *opens wallet*

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman