DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote controller long charging times

changkh

Reactions
Anyone finds the remote controller taking exceptionally long time to charge to full as compared to the smart batteries?

Yes it seems to take much longer ..don’t understand why tbh other than the port is not a fast charge port (to reduce costs I imagine)

Yes it seems to take much longer ..don’t understand why tbh other than the port is not a fast charge port (to reduce costs I imagine)

but i do find the led flashing at the same rate as the smart batteries charging in the hub so i assume they re charging at the same rate. and the remote battery is just 200 mah more.

Anyone finds the remote controller taking exceptionally long time to charge to full as compared to the smart batteries?

What charger are you using ?

Could you please define exceptionally long in minutes? It takes about 120 minutes to charge with the DJI 18W USB charger.

Could you please define exceptionally long in minutes? It takes about 120 minutes to charge with the DJI 18W USB charger.

I just did a test. Pressed the power button and controller has first two LEDs solid and third flashing.
Charged it with the 18W USB charger for two hours but the four LEDs are still flashing.
That means I am charging it with at least 50% capacity but even after 120 minutes, it is not full yet as 100% would be four solid LEDs.
Of course now when I unplug and press the power button, it shows four solid LEDs but maybe tomorrow, it will show three solid and fourth flashing.

Well my friend, I hate to say that you are right. It takes long and definitively over 2h.

The 18W is a fast charger. Even at the standard 5V it puts out 2A (10W).
I'm not convinced the RC is rapid charge capable. I don't think it should take more than 2 hours to fully charge though.

Something is definitely wrong there if it's jumping from 3 strobing LEDs to 4 steady. It should strobe 4 LEDs before going steady, or go steady 3 LEDs if it decides to stop charging when it was strobing 3.

What are you using for a charger? I doubt that matters though based on the symptoms. If you have the combo charger, connect it directly to the RC rather than through the hub if you haven't tried that yet.

Something is definitely wrong there if it's jumping from 3 strobing LEDs to 4 steady. It should strobe 4 LEDs before going steady, or go steady 3 LEDs if it decides to stop charging when it was strobing 3.

What are you using for a charger? I doubt that matters though based on the symptoms. If you have the combo charger, connect it directly to the RC rather than through the hub if you haven't tried that yet.

i am using the combo charger and cable.

Local authorized service centre suspects problem with the circuit board so they are sending it to DJI China to repair.

they say it is easier on the battery if it takes a long time to charge? the remote is expensive to replace , and looks like a bastard to replace the battery...if you can replace it? I'll just stick to the long charge times, and keep the controller a bit longer..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livewire