DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote Drone ID system now a question on HCAA Operator Application

BOREAS

Reactions
A question for any Greek operators.

The current HCAA Drone Operators application form asks if my drones are fitted with "Remote ID" and whether it is "Active" or "Passive". Does anyone know what this actually means?
I assume it relates to the new Remote ID laws due for introduction by EASA this September (or is it now delayed?).

I have a Mavic 2 Pro which has a Remote ID function in the DJI Go4 app. Does this satisfy any part of this HCAA question.

I assume that after Sept or whenever they decide I will have to fit a Remote ID transmitter like the Dronetag Mini at $300 or one of the cheaper hobby versions we are promised will be available.

That is correct. Does this satisfy any part of that HCAA question.
If it's anything like the remote ID requirement in most countries I would gander no especially if your country requires network remote id instead of just broadcast.

Aeroscope is passive by interception of signals (wiretapping essentially). Most governments want an abrasive snitch module.

Unfortunately the HCAA question simply asks "do I have remote ID"- If "Yes" then is it active or passive. I wondered if active or passive referred to network or broadcast. I guess I will just tick the "no" box to be safe.

Unfortunately the HCAA question simply asks "do I have remote ID"- If "Yes" then is it active or passive. I wondered if active or passive referred to network or broadcast. I guess I will just tick the "no" box to be safe.
I don't think dji aeroscope qualifies for hcaa or similar regulation in any country. That's just a concept car.

Thanks for all the help so far. It is great for me to be able to discuss this with real interested people. Living on a small island is great but I do miss having contacts that I can discuss things like this.

Further internet searching has I think revealed that DJI Aeroscope is indeed a passive remote ID system.

911Security.com has a review of DJI Aeroscope with the following paragraph:

<<Passive Technology

Due to federal regulations, some environments are ill-suited for radar due these restrictions and technology interference. Airports in the U.S. must abide by FAA regulations that state airports are not allowed to use active detection technology such as radar. Airports in the U.S. must remain FAA and FCC compliant which makes passive RF drone detection the only legal option at this time. Since AeroScope listens in on a DJI drone’s existing communications link, it makes is a passive technology and does not cause interference with existing systems.>>

The full article is here:

Happy holiday all and thanks again

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown