DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Saw this in the news.....FCC recommending banding DJI products????

If it comes to pass, seems to me it is a rather short sighted action. What about the thousands of drones that continue to fly for years until there are no more replacement batteries?

Dear China,
If you are banned, and want to find out about my movements and body temperature, just buy such info from Google.
Regards,
RadioFlyerMan

Reactions: Rchawks
IMHO, the furor is all about finding a way the clear the airways for delivery of pizza and fast food ect by drone. If they're worried about security they should ban all electronics such as cell phones, computers, ect. Not to mention anything they want to see from the air can be done with Satellites.

IMHO, the furor is all about finding a way the clear the airways for delivery of pizza and fast food ect by drone. If they're worried about security they should ban all electronics such as cell phones, computers, ect. Not to mention anything they want to see from the air can be done with Satellites.
EXACTLY. They'll get far more data from phones than any drone.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
IMHO, the furor is all about finding a way the clear the airways for delivery of pizza and fast food ect by drone.

If that were the case then they would do it by regulating drone use in general, not by targeting individual manufacturers. It's pretty obvious that's not the direction this is going.

Pick a thread . . . been so many posts re this, and one new one just yesterday here . . .

And the one last last week . . .

Others, and this is only the first page of a search for > dji us ban

Even an Aussie thread of the same 'threat' !!

I found out about that through my politics feed, before I found out about it through my drone feed.

This is mostly just a proposal from some lame Congresscritter looking to gain political points by bashing China.

A recent DoD investigation just cleared DJI.

Unless our relationship with China gets VERY much worse, nothing is going to come of this.

TCS

I found out about that through my politics feed, before I found out about it through my drone feed.

This is mostly just a proposal from some lame Congresscritter looking to gain political points by bashing China.

A recent DoD investigation just cleared DJI.

Unless our relationship with China gets VERY much worse, nothing is going to come of this.

TCS
Agreed, and of course China like the US can read your license plate from their satellites. Anything they or we want to see on the ground is easy access.

Agreed, and of course China like the US can read your license plate from their satellites. Anything they or we want to see on the ground is easy access.
I'm sure they now have a *detailed* map of the canyon where I live.

Every rock and tree...

;-)

TCS

• Haha
Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefons82