DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Second mountain bike between trees with drone and BIG desapointment with my mavic

dmcd38

Reactions
Hey guys!

So, after the “success” of our first movie:
we decided to do another one since we now have better editing skills :)

Turns out that the camera on the Mavic pro started to give us big problems, specially with fog lens and jumping camera as you can see in our “new” movie that only got 1 minute because all the other footage was even worse than this one :(

it was sunny with 15º, thats not cold!!

i imagine that with temperatures around 0 or less it would be even worse!

new movie:

you can see the camera jumping and getting fog… really sad that this kind of thing happen on such expensive drone….

We already google for solutions but putting it in rice for 3 days or breaking the lens isn´t really a solution and we feel bad that we bought a drone that can only be used in the summer…… :/

If anyone knows a real solution to the problem, please let me know!

cheers guys

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
If condensation is to blame, set your craft out for 10 minutes or so before flying to allow it to adjust to the outside temperature. Keep the batteries warm in your car or pocket during this time. If indeed you have moisture inside of the craft, then the rice bath could alleviate the problem all together.

I had the sun protection on.
With the plastic one this doesnt happen but gets too much sun flare.

Qoncussion, will try that, thanks :)

Reactions: Qoncussion
I guess this was the case for polarized lens filters. Jumping of camera is something that appears on mavic in higher speeds sometimes. I am not really sure if calibration of gimbal would help...
And... For taking vids on known tracks I would try to stick with waypoint flight mode (Dji Go 4, Litchi, Drone Harmony, UGCS,...) because then you do not need to focus on flying with RC but controling the gimbal tilt mostly. Also you can run the track as trials and see the footage, adjust camera angles to get rid of direct sunlight etc. Otherwise you have pretty good spot and your content is perfect. Thumbs up!

LivinLarge: "The price of the R1 drone is $2499." wowwwwwwww thats definitely not for me ;) but looks intersting tough.

I guess this was the case for polarized lens filters. Jumping of camera is something that appears on mavic in higher speeds sometimes. I am not really sure if calibration of gimbal would help...
And... For taking vids on known tracks I would try to stick with waypoint flight mode (Dji Go 4, Litchi, Drone Harmony, UGCS,...) because then you do not need to focus on flying with RC but controling the gimbal tilt mostly. Also you can run the track as trials and see the footage, adjust camera angles to get rid of direct sunlight etc. Otherwise you have pretty good spot and your content is perfect. Thumbs up!

will try that mate, thanks :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada