DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Mavic 2 Pro Litchi Beta is rock solid - Plus some low light footage

I have seen similar results not just using Litchi but with other waypoint planners.

I find if you I fly to close or try to fly over a point of interest it can become jerky.
So I try to stay further away from my subject for a smoother panning.
These were long slow pans from about 300 feet up with the gimbal pointed to show the horizon near the top of the screen.

What other waypoint planner are you using for the Mavic 2 series?

These were long slow pans from about 300 feet up with the gimbal pointed to show the horizon near the top of the screen.

What other waypoint planner are you using for the Mavic 2 series?

So far Litchi is the only one for Mavic2.

My other drone was a Mavic 1 and it performs the same as the Mavic 2 at least to me.

I always used FPV Camera for waypoint mission but it seems the author has abandoned the app.

So far Litchi is the only one for Mavic2.

My other drone was a Mavic 1 and it performs the same as the Mavic 2 at least to me.

I always used FPV Camera for waypoint mission but it seems the author has abandoned the app.
Here is a link to the video I sent to Litchi. The first half is while panning left and the second half is panning right.

Litchi Waypoint Pan

I have run lots and lots of Litchi waypoint missions with the Mavic 1 and never encountered this.

@Robert Granata , I've not reviewed by Litchi waypoint missions as I've just run a couple but my hyperlapse missions from the go4 app has the same jerky motions every now and then. Something my P3P never had so there may very well be an issue with the M2P. I'll check out my Litchi missions I ran yesterday see if they have similar behavior.

@Robert Granata , I've not reviewed by Litchi waypoint missions as I've just run a couple but my hyperlapse missions from the go4 app has the same jerky motions every now and then. Something my P3P never had so there may very well be an issue with the M2P. I'll check out my Litchi missions I ran yesterday see if they have similar behavior.
I noticed that too in the hyperlapse. It only seemed to happen for me when flying straight forward. If I turned it around 90 degrees to the flight path it smoothed right out.

Here is a link to the video I sent to Litchi. The first half is while panning left and the second half is panning right.

Litchi Waypoint Pan

I have run lots and lots of Litchi waypoint missions with the Mavic 1 and never encountered this.

Well I have not noticed that type of hesitation with my Mavic 1 or 2 drone.

Could it be by chance a slow microSD card causing it?

Well dang the luck. Looks like I never downloaded those missions and formatted my card today. I'll rerun and report back. Now you got me wondering about different hyperlapses. The jerky one was backwards but I did a sunset hyperlapse last night and looking to the right and it was smooth as butter. I'll try a couple more of those too. Work, work, work, lol!

From other reports I have seen it doesn't seem "rock solid" yet. Maybe that is why it is still beta!

From other reports I have seen it doesn't seem "rock solid" yet. Maybe that is why it is still beta!
According to my email from Litchi "DJI needs to make some improvements". Just spitballin', but maybe this is why DJI hasn't released their new waypoints module yet.

Been using the litchi beta app on the iPhone X and so far it's been rock solid as far as flight goes.

As for footage, you'll notice a few little jerks where the gimbal seems to have to catch up with the POI, also there's a soft patch in the top left corner, this may be down to my focusing though, so can't say for sure that's the app.

Where do I get the “beta” version of the litchi app?

Your video looks like it has depth of field issues.
Where you deliberately using a low f-stop. The foreground is in focus but the horizon is not.

Your video looks like it has depth of field issues.
Where you deliberately using a low f-stop. The foreground is in focus but the horizon is not.

The f stop setting on these lens is not like a dslr. The hyperfocal distance is so shallow that every thing from about 10 feet out is going to be in reasonable focus no matter the f-stop if focused to begin with. More likely to a lack of focusing. The infinity setting is going to be fine for just about all filming; although half press to focus does work.

The "peaking" function works well and can insure one that desired subject are in focus.

Why does this scream buckets of illegality to me I wonder, maybe something to do with buildings and altitude plus it's a go'**** City (with PRISON close by).
I get nervous flying on the perimeters of a village let alone a town/CITY.
Yes no interest in the s'ware! or other issues you express, Sorry!
Don't say it's in the name of art because Stupid ain't ART.

Why does this scream buckets of illegality to me I wonder, maybe something to do with buildings and altitude plus it's a go'**** City (with PRISON close by).

How special. good for you.

Been using the litchi beta app on the iPhone X and so far it's been rock solid as far as flight goes.

As for footage, you'll notice a few little jerks where the gimbal seems to have to catch up with the POI, also there's a soft patch in the top left corner, this may be down to my focusing though, so can't say for sure that's the app.

Apparently Litchi Beta testing is full. I hope they release a version for the rest of us soon!

Attachments

• 28E78B56-02CE-4CB6-A8BE-6945F5F4E3B9.jpeg
    28E78B56-02CE-4CB6-A8BE-6945F5F4E3B9.jpeg
    136.1 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: wsteele
Apparently Litchi Beta testing is full. I hope they release a version for the rest of us soon!

Crazy! I got the exact same email. Hopefully we will all be able to “beta” test it soon.

Ray Jay

If you don’t care about anything the author wrote about, why read it and spend your time responding? Those that are interested value the information provided and comments like yours will reduce informative posts by people in this forum.

Move on mate, you're boring

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky