DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Mavic 2 Pro Litchi Beta is rock solid - Plus some low light footage

Update: I woke up this morning and my Litchi App has been updated to the beta version.
Test flight with FPV was successful with no issues.
Will be testing waypoint function this afternoon.

Reactions: Barrettsbuzzin
Update: I woke up this morning and my Litchi App has been updated to the beta version.
Test flight with FPV was successful with no issues.
Will be testing waypoint function this afternoon.

Anyone know if there will be M2 version that works with CrystalSky? -RJ

I emailed Litchi yesterday to see if I could get access to the beta version, and they replied saying they've maxed out the number of beta seats they intend to share. Bummer timing for me, because a house is about to get built next to mine and I wanted to write a program that would orbit the construction every day at the same coordinates, altitude and speed, and give the final stitched product to the new homeowner when they move in. Earthwork begins tomorrow, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the beta will turn into a release this week. It would be really cool to start the project with the undisturbed open field.

Been using the litchi beta app on the iPhone X and so far it's been rock solid as far as flight goes.

As for footage, you'll notice a few little jerks where the gimbal seems to have to catch up with the POI, also there's a soft patch in the top left corner, this may be down to my focusing though, so can't say for sure that's the app.

I have the same jerky image using Litchi waypoints! Litchi support said it was a DJI firmware issue, DJI support said they have no problems and that they do NOT recommend using 3rd party apps to fly their products. I've used Litchi with great success with the Mavic 1 and am very disappointed that I can not use Litchi Waypoints to get smooth seamless video with the new, much more expensive drone with he camera that is not as good as the Phantom 4 with the 1 inch sensor. Very disappointed.

I'm hopeful this isn't an issue with my bird, but I'm getting some pretty jerky video footage in Litchi waypoint missions. My previous MP would fly and record beautifully without any jerkiness in the gimbal, but my M2P is recording some very noticeable, rough yaw movements as the drone flies from waypoint to waypoint. It's not an issue with the resolution either -- it happens in both 4K and 1080p. If i'm flying straight, without any interpolation, it's very smooth. However, if I interpolate from one waypoint to the next, it's not doing so smoothly. Is anyone else seeing this?

I'm hopeful this isn't an issue with my bird, but I'm getting some pretty jerky video footage in Litchi waypoint missions. My previous MP would fly and record beautifully without any jerkiness in the gimbal, but my M2P is recording some very noticeable, rough yaw movements as the drone flies from waypoint to waypoint. It's not an issue with the resolution either -- it happens in both 4K and 1080p. If i'm flying straight, without any interpolation, it's very smooth. However, if I interpolate from one waypoint to the next, it's not doing so smoothly. Is anyone else seeing this?

Yes, I would think all the M2 do also. Litchi admits to the problem, claims they are working on it, but not sure if the root issues is theirs or DJI"s.

Not sure if or when this might get resolved! More M2 owners need to go complain of the Litchi FB page. https://www.facebook.com/flylitchi/

Thanks for the feedback. I feel better knowing I'm not the only one seeing this particular issue with Litchi. I'll create a mission with GSP tomorrow to see if it has the same problem.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky