DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Mavic 2 Pro Litchi Beta is rock solid - Plus some low light footage

Barrettsbuzzin

Reactions

Been using the litchi beta app on the iPhone X and so far it's been rock solid as far as flight goes.

As for footage, you'll notice a few little jerks where the gimbal seems to have to catch up with the POI, also there's a soft patch in the top left corner, this may be down to my focusing though, so can't say for sure that's the app.

Very nice! Did not dare so fare using the beta for waypoints. Glad to hear that it works. I noticed around 1:35 into the video some “shake” which is what I noticed as a M2P weakness of the gimbal apparently unable to effectively compensate for wind gusts. Never saw that as much with the old Mavic. I hope DJI will fix this via firmware - it has nothing to do with Litchi.

Reactions: Barrettsbuzzin
Very nice! Did not dare so fare using the beta for waypoints. Glad to hear that it works. I noticed around 1:35 into the video some “shake” which is what I noticed as a M2P weakness of the gimbal apparently unable to effectively compensate for wind gusts. Never saw that as much with the old Mavic. I hope DJI will fix this via firmware - it has nothing to do with Litchi.

Someone's got to take the plunge and give them some data, thought why not.

That's the part where I noticed it, didn't realise that was the actual drone, not a big deal mind you

Been using the Litchi Beta App With my Mavic 2 Pro and iPad Mini 4.

Have ran dozens of waypoint missions with some autonomous missions a few miles out with loss of signal.

Everything seems rock solid and working great!

I create almost all my waypoint missions using the online Litchi Hub.

Been using the Litchi Beta App With my Mavic 2 Pro and iPad Mini 4.

Have ran dozens of waypoint missions with some autonomous missions a few miles out with loss of signal.

Everything seems rock solid and working great!

I create almost all my waypoint missions using the online Litchi Hub.
Did you use missions you had made for the Mavic 1 or did you make all new missions?

Did you use missions you had made for the Mavic 1 or did you make all new missions?

Used missions from Mavic 1 and made new ones.
They are all compatible.

Just tested a mission that was 2 miles out and after it started I turned off remote and waited for it to return.
It was a success but a little nerve racking the first time.

Haven't had a chance to test the Beta yet, glad to hear its working flawlessly. Litchi never fails to impress, and kudos to DJI for having the SDK available right away.

They’re also popping out updates quickly, sometimes multiple times per day. Their work ethic is almost inhuman.

I can report good success as well with my MP2 and litchi.. I had a question about waypoint missions for the group...

If I set a waypoint mission that may be a little too long, and the Mavic senses there won’t be enough battery to return, what is the default behavior?
If the unit is out of radio range, will it abort to come home with enough power, or will it continue to the waypoints, leading to potential disaster...

Thanks

Reactions: Drgnfli
I started using the beta version yesterday and ran several waypoint missions. While panning the aircraft it seems to rotate in steps that make the video very jerky (almost unusable). It doesn't happen all the time, but was obvious in all 6 missions. Also seemed to happen more at higher speeds and while panning left more so than panning right. I re-calibrated the IMU, the compass, and reloaded the firmware with no change. I reported it to Litchi and they said there was nothing they could do and that DJI needs to "make improvements".

I see a little of it in the OP's video, but nothing like what I'm getting. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I started using the beta version yesterday and ran several waypoint missions. While panning the aircraft it seems to rotate in steps that make the video very jerky (almost unusable). It doesn't happen all the time, but was obvious in all 6 missions. Also seemed to happen more at higher speeds and while panning left more so than panning right. I re-calibrated the IMU, the compass, and reloaded the firmware with no change. I reported it to Litchi and they said there was nothing they could do and that DJI needs to "make improvements".

I see a little of it in the OP's video, but nothing like what I'm getting. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I have seen similar results not just using Litchi but with other waypoint planners.

I find if you I fly to close or try to fly over a point of interest it can become jerky.
So I try to stay further away from my subject for a smoother panning.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erroos