DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Mavic 2 Pro Litchi Beta is rock solid - Plus some low light footage

Why does this scream buckets of illegality to me I wonder, maybe something to do with buildings and altitude plus it's a go'**** City (with PRISON close by).
I get nervous flying on the perimeters of a village let alone a town/CITY.
Yes no interest in the s'ware! or other issues you express, Sorry!
Don't say it's in the name of art because Stupid ain't ART.

Okay I'll entertain you for a second, what's being close to a prison got to do with anything? What's the problem with altitude? Student accommodation is all empty at the moment, and the university buildings were all empty as it was around 5:30am. Who said anything about art? If you get nervous flying on the perimeter of a village you sound like an unconfident pilot that doesn't know how to control their aircraft, which I'd say makes you dangerous. Feel free to go check out my other videos on YouTube and bless me with your boring messages with your insightful opinion

Thanks for the entertainment.
I'm just pointing out some guidelines set out in the drone code. Fly safe buddy.
Maybe I should think about becoming a member of the CAA!
///Then I can confidently ignore all their rules because I know it all.///sarcasm

Thanks for the entertainment.
I'm just pointing out some guidelines set out in the drone code. Fly safe buddy.
Maybe I should think about becoming a member of the CAA!
///Then I can confidently ignore all their rules because I know it all.///sarcasm

Dafuq are you even talking about, just move on, no one cares

My blessing is as follows. (seems good on the low light btw)
I get the early morning but that student tower block didn't look that vacant to me and it gave the impression you were well within 50mtrs of it.
Who said anything about art?
Art & Design block on the campus of that Uni' (I see you need to pay more attention to what's on the side of structures with signage that is clearly visible @ 100mtrs of it) Though if you can't see that how are you going to see a small paragraph telling you to be cautious.
I'm throwing caution to the wind here.
Moving on.

My blessing is as follows. (seems good on the low light btw)
I get the early morning but that student tower block didn't look that vacant to me and it gave the impression you were well within 50mtrs of it.
Art & Design block on the campus of that Uni' (I see you need to pay more attention to what's on the side of structures with signage that is clearly visible @ 100mtrs of it) Though if you can't see that how are you going to see a small paragraph telling you to be cautious.
I'm throwing caution to the wind here.
Moving on.

[emoji42][emoji42][emoji42][emoji42][emoji42][emoji42][emoji42][emoji42][emoji42]

Reactions: star4870
Spin it up, do you feel the need to talk to any motorist you see going over the speed limit to remonstrate with them? after all they could quite easily kill someone, going to fast or driving without due care and attention. No you dont, you leave it up to the Police, so in future, instead of trying to be drone police, why dont you leave it up to the CAA, im sure Barrets Buzzin has read the CAA drone code, which is a code and not law, and is subject to interpretation. Probably better leaving it to the CAA to prosecute those who they feel are taking unnecessary risks, and leave your opinion to yourself regarding anything you perceive to be illegal.

Reactions: Barrettsbuzzin
Spin it up, do you feel the need to talk to any motorist you see going over the speed limit to remonstrate with them? after all they could quite easily kill someone, going to fast or driving without due care and attention. No you dont, you leave it up to the Police, so in future, instead of trying to be drone police, why dont you leave it up to the CAA, im sure Barrets Buzzin has read the CAA drone code, which is a code and not law, and is subject to interpretation. Probably better leaving it to the CAA to prosecute those who they feel are taking unnecessary risks, and leave your opinion to yourself regarding anything you perceive to be illegal.

I know it like the back of my hand, I don't want to harm anyone anymore than I want to lose my drone. Unfortunately people literally scoured these forums waiting for the opportunity to "drop some knowledge" even though no one asked or cares. If I was hovering above a crowd of people or something stupid like that then yeah. But like the comment about being near a prison, why does that matter? There's an NFZ around that prison that I can't fly into, so even the prison don't think I was too close

I just don't know whether to admire your courage or not, but we have local guidelines as to not fly within 150mtrs of the village where I reside (WMids). Not sure what the Council in Leics' has to say about flying from within the middle of their City?

Can someone leak some infos? Are all camera settings accessible? Is WP working, especially with smooth curves and soft panning from one POI to the next?? Are old routes usable?

Barrets, I watched your video and I saw nothing in it that I thought contravened the code. I didn't see you overfly any large commercial building, I would certainly not pass judgement on whether you were within 50 meters of that building. The drone police are a dying breed with them being banned from many facebook drone groups. As for the drone code itself, if you risk assess before your flight, much of what is in the code is non applicable. For instance, my uncle own 25 acres of land in sheffield, those 25 acres are field with tall trees lining either side and go for more than a mile. If i flew my drone below tree top height for over 500 meters, would I be at any risk from helicopters, gliders, paragliders or commercial aircraft. Absolutely not. Hence why it is a drone code and not drone laws.

Reactions: Barrettsbuzzin
Barrets, I watched your video and I saw nothing in it that I thought contravened the code. I didn't see you overfly any large commercial building, I would certainly not pass judgement on whether you were within 50 meters of that building. The drone police are a dying breed with them being banned from many facebook drone groups. As for the drone code itself, if you risk assess before your flight, much of what is in the code is non applicable. For instance, my uncle own 25 acres of land in sheffield, those 25 acres are field with tall trees lining either side and go for more than a mile. If i flew my drone below tree top height for over 500 meters, would I be at any risk from helicopters, gliders, paragliders or commercial aircraft. Absolutely not. Hence why it is a drone code and not drone laws.

As long as you know the real safety things like the heights and rules regarding aircrafts and helicopters then I keep everything else common sense and risk assessment. It's like if I come to a traffic lighted round about at 2am and there are no cars around I will cut the red light. I'm perfectly capable of using a round about, the lights are there to ease traffic not for safety, my point being just like you say, one rule doesn't fit every situation

I just don't know whether to admire your courage or not, but we have local guidelines as to not fly within 150mtrs of the village where I reside (WMids). Not sure what the Council in Leics' has to say about flying from within the middle of their City?

I've no idea what Leicester Council say, why would I need a bunch of overpaid incompetent morons opinion on how or where I fly my drone? I'll stick to listening to the CAA with regards to where I fly, the council can just keep out of my business

Reactions: SpinItUp
Can someone leak some infos? Are all camera settings accessible? Is WP working, especially with smooth curves and soft panning from one POI to the next?? Are old routes usable?

You can use your old routes, the camera and waypoints are all smooth except a slight jolt in the gimbal which isn't a huge problem. It's been reported and litchi says it djis end that has the issue

Reactions: Sockeye
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky