DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The remote identification broadcast module

Ceseemo

Reactions
  1. The remote identification broadcast module. Still trying to understand this... After September 16, 2023, small unmanned aircraft that are registered or required to be registered must comply with remote identification requirements. So, will the Mavic 2 have a software update to include this Remote ID, or will I have to strap and awkward piece of plastic to my beautiful flying machine... ?

No one knows, it would make sense that it would be a small chip , but I think its a long long way off still.
Its an idea that was suppose to be Brilliant but has been met with some Oppositions.

I want to see those that get the chip have more rights> This makes sense to me to get everyone on board and it would not take much , but some kind of privilege should go with it.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your drone in the Rain , land on the Water.

I've read in a few places the radio on the DJI 2 drones will be able to transmit the required remote ID signals on appropriate bands. The drones just need a firmware update to work. But this is all conjecture because the only ones who are in a position to know is DJI, and the FAA. The more serious and pertinent question is when will the requirements actually be written into law. Only then can DJI know if it is possible.

1. The remote identification broadcast module. Still trying to understand this... After September 16, 2023, small unmanned aircraft that are registered or required to be registered must comply with remote identification requirements. So, will the Mavic 2 have a software update to include this Remote ID, or will I have to strap and awkward piece of plastic to my beautiful flying machine... ?
Popular Science has this DIY version.should work well.

Attachments

• sss.jpg
    sss.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 43
I've read in a few places the radio on the DJI 2 drones will be able to transmit the required remote ID signals on appropriate bands. The drones just need a firmware update to work. But this is all conjecture because the only ones who are in a position to know is DJI, and the FAA. The more serious and pertinent question is when will the requirements actually be written into law. Only then can DJI know if it is possible.
I thought the requirements were known? Maybe I’m confusing big-picture requirements with technical specifications. I’m flying a Mavic Pro 1, so I’m hopeful DJI will bother to do a firmware update if possible. I’d like to know sooner than later which drones will be able to be compliant so I can decide what to buy as an upgrade.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78