DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

This might prove interesting, BBC page so I am not sure who will be able to open it

I saw that, too. Interesting indeed.

Lots of reasons to worry about a Chinese near-monopoly on drone technology as many important things become increasingly reliant on them – Ukraine, Taiwan, and current/potential world events come to mind. (Though to be honest, I'm not 100% sure that India is a completely safe bet either). Having total dependency for critical technology that's only available from a hostile, authoritarian country is extremely risky (think semiconductors).

Apple is currently moving a lot of iPhone production from China to India. Hmmm...

That certainly is an interesting way to create a new industry (ban availability / competition).
If they can get it off the ground (no pun intended) in another country like India, it will be good for consumer choice and keep DJI on its toes.
Will take a lot of effort and luck to do so in 8 years, perhaps take a lead out of the others usual development strategies (reverse engineer / copy).

Some years ago I was a journalist based in Delhi and I don’t underestimate their technical capabilities. They are, after all, a nuclear power and build some interesting communications equipment.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife