DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thoughts on hacking Mavic 2 NFZ/HEIGHT/SPEED...

Hmmmm because we cannot get to the top unless we had mountain climbing skills and rigging. ;)

Rob
I highly recommend the Grivel Assender and Decender device with foot straps attached and their seat harness if you are needing to bring some climbing gear like my wife and I plan to. :)

To those who fly mountains, why dont you climb to the top, fly all the way down to a prearranged spot with someone to collect the drone, then use video editing software to run the video backwards, and lo and behold you have a single flight all the way up the mountain without that pesky 500 meter limit.

Because it would be nearly impossible for some of us to get to the top of some of these mountains. For example, there is a mountain that has an object on it's face that I have been wanting to film. It is approximately 2,000 feet above the valley floor. It is impossible for me to get safely to the top of the mountain. If I could fly just another 400 feet up, I could get the shots I'm wanting without endangering anyone or any manned aircraft. I would be flying within 400 AGL the entire way up. Just my 2 cents...

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
To those who fly mountains, why dont you climb to the top, fly all the way down to a prearranged spot with someone to collect the drone, then use video editing software to run the video backwards, and lo and behold you have a single flight all the way up the mountain without that pesky 500 meter limit.

1) Lack of skill set (mountaineering)
2) Poor conditions (weather)
3) Time constraints
4) Personal fitness limits

I could go on but you get the point.

3) Time constraints

5) It's their legal right to fly there and capture that footage. (#LivingInAmerica)

;)

3) Time constraints

Sounds like excuses to me, there are no problems in life just challenges. Question is are you up to the challenge?

Sounds like excuses to me, there are no problems in life just challenges. Question is are you up to the challenge?
Perhaps you've never been in a vehicle that was blown up by an improvised explosive device, shot by a sniper or taken fire in a helicopter while it was landing and being knocked out before it got down to the LZ.

People cannot simply get motivated and regenerate missing tissue or limbs like a lizard tail, as nice as that would be.

...little bit impracticable, dont you think!?

...little bit impracticable, dont you think!?
If something you really want is difficult, you need to start thinking outside the box to come up with a solution. Not all things in life are easy, success often depends on how determined you are.

You mean like.... modifying the height restrictions from 1600 to 2000?

Honestly, if someone can't climb a mountain, telling them to suck it up and climb a mountain is pretty worthless advice.

I proposed on top of Humboldt Peak less than a month ago, that kind of physical challenge isn't for everyone and that's a relatively easy peak, some of the things I do would likely LITERALLY kill my father.

Give it a rest, they're not talking about breaking the law, they're talking about modifying some software.

all this uselss rambling back and forth,,,,,,, has any one suscessfully moddified the parameters of the mav2 to overcome height restictions?? who cares whos morrally right or wrong or fit or fat,,,,who cares, has any one done it yet?

Reactions: hidaven and Arpath
Until now it seems to be not able ,

i sometimes check NLD for news.
If there is anything i will post it here

Kind Regards
all this uselss rambling back and forth,,,,,,, has any one suscessfully moddified the parameters of the mav2 to overcome height restictions?? who cares whos morrally right or wrong or fit or fat,,,,who cares, has any one done it yet?

the day the mav2 was released a few members were already busy connectiing to assistant 1.2 and checking parameters, i read they found that the parameters were labeled differently than previous models so i am hopeful the paremeters are in there just labled differently.

the day the mav2 was released a few members were already busy connectiing to assistant 1.2 and checking parameters, i read they found that the parameters were labeled differently than previous models so i am hopeful the paremeters are in there just labled differently.
I seem to recall reading that too.

Given that there are so many new people to DJI and their drones, it would be really nice if that person/people would share that info for those of us that haven't ever done that before.

Given that there are so many new people to DJI and their drones, it would be really nice if that person/people would share that info for those of us that haven't ever done that before.
yes i agree but i understand why some stay queit, a lot of members here freak out and go on the "morral" rail trail when they read some one has modded thier bird and the height restriction mod seems to make the most contrversy, some users even go as far as to say they want to report the modded piolots,,,,,, so i understand why they keep thier info hush hush haha, i find most of my info on utube but some on here

Some are labeled differently but still modifiable, such as the mode switch definitions. As far as I could tell from 10 minutes or so of trying, the 500 m maximum height parameter could be modified down, but not up.

Elton you have the Raptor XR what is the furthest distance you have achieved before the RC signal starts to fall below full?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure