DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unsafe Mavic 2 Parallel Charging Hub

Fstop I ordered from your sight have the charger and already emailed to get replacement/updated one anyway I can pay the difference and get the new 4 port instead of the updated version of the 3 port?

My Fstop charger is arriving today from amazon. I hope it's the latest one?

I noticed the M2 4 battery charger on fstop-labs is branded sunnylife. I thought F-stop themselves made them. I didn't see chargers for other Mavic models.

I saw that, but didn't connect SunnyLife with F-stop. The comments on this topic suggests F-stop is the manufacturer and not just a reseller, so I found it strange they'd put generic brands on their product. Even if the product is made well, I'd rather deal with a brand I can contact for something like this.

I use Paypal/eBay for any post-sales issues if the seller doesnt want to play ball.

I just sent you an email regarding this also. I purchased on 9/27 and received the 3 battery one 10/3. And it seems the 10% discount isn't available for this item!
Please PM us your email so we make sure we respond to you!

This charger gets really HOT, 146 deg F during full load, ie 3 Mavic 2 batteries + RC + 10" Samsung tablet. Too hot to touch. Worst is that it starts to cycle on/off during charging of the batteries. It's overheating, unsafe and bad for the batteries.

I also have the same charger for my Mavic Pro, it does get hot but not this hot and it's not cycling on/off on the batteries.
na.

Received the “new & improved” version of Fstop Labs Mavic 2 Battery Charger.

Good news is that this newer version doesn’t have the overheating problem nor does it cycle on/off during charging.

Here are the not so good news: It still gets hot, 120 deg F (vs. 146 deg F). They reduced the charging amperage to solve the overheating problem. The MP2 charging went from 4.5A to 4.0A (11% reduction), the USB charging went from 2A to 1A (50% reduction).

The load is same as last time: 3 Mavic 2 batteries + RC + 10" Samsung tablet

Attachments

• 20181012_165505.jpg
    20181012_165505.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 55
  • 20181012_171138.jpg
    20181012_171138.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 56
Received the “new & improved” version of Fstop Labs Mavic 2 Battery Charger.

Good news is that this newer version doesn’t have the overheating problem nor does it cycle on/off during charging.

Here are the not so good news: It still gets hot, 120 deg F (vs. 146 deg F). They reduced the charging amperage to solve the overheating problem. The MP2 charging went from 4.5A to 4.0A (11% reduction), the USB charging went from 2A to 1A (50% reduction).

The load is same as last time: 3 Mavic 2 batteries + RC + 10" Samsung tablet

Well now you fast charger and a faster charger.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lschabert