DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unsafe Mavic 2 Parallel Charging Hub

Considering that the DJI original charger does only 1 battery and it has been documented that its temps go to 140 - 149F, this is not bad for 3 batteries. It is still good that they are listening to customer feedback and improving it further.

Last edited:
I received one of these direct from YX this week, my own tests on it using a 240V supply in UK show a surface temperature of no more than 38Deg C - or body heat. Charging on all ports.

Internal temperature radiating at 42Deg C, so well within acceptable limits for an electronic power device.

Only modification done was to sit small rubber feet to stop it sliding about. So perfectly happy with that.

Reactions: ToddH
I got mine from Amazon and used it with three batteries. I didn’t use the usb ports. The charger was warm to the touch but not hit after 25 minutes of charging. Granted it was in a 70 degree room. 111 degree surface temps. I’ll test it again for more extended charging and in a warmer environment like my truck and report back

The point being that its not an issue! It doesn't get hot! it gets warm, any power device will heat up, energy conversion will always generate heat.

Someone posted it was dangerous along with lots of claims of high temperatures, others chipped in with its a bad design, I decided to bring balance.

It gets warm, no hotter than body temperature and we are all not walking around setting fire to everything!

The point being that its not an issue! It doesn't get hot! it gets warm, any power device will heat up, energy conversion will always generate heat.

Someone posted it was dangerous along with lots of claims of high temperatures, others chipped in with its a bad design, I decided to bring balance.

It gets warm, no hotter than body temperature and we are all not walking around setting fire to everything!

Agreed, that was kind of my point...

OP registered 145 degrees F. That's way more than body temperature.
Even FStop admitted they can get as hot as 65C.

OP registered 145 degrees F. That's way more than body temperature.
Even FStop admitted they can get as hot as 65C.

Odd, fully loaded it gets to 39deg so maybe the 110v makes it work harder

This charger gets really HOT, 146 deg F during full load, ie 3 Mavic 2 batteries + RC + 10" Samsung tablet. Too hot to touch. Worst is that it starts to cycle on/off during charging of the batteries. It's overheating, unsafe and bad for the batteries.

I also have the same charger for my Mavic Pro, it does get hot but not this hot and it's not cycling on/off on the batteries.
na.

I concur. I have this very unit plus it's twin brother for my P4P batteries, which I have quickly replaced with much better unit that stay cool throughout the entire charging process, even under full load of 3 batteries and the remote. Out on a shoot I noticed the thing got WAY hotter than my partner's charger, which was actually a higher capacity charger!

Capture.JPG

This charger gets really HOT, 146 deg F during full load, ie 3 Mavic 2 batteries + RC + 10" Samsung tablet. Too hot to touch. Worst is that it starts to cycle on/off during charging of the batteries. It's overheating, unsafe and bad for the batteries.
I also have the same charger for my Mavic Pro, it does get hot but not this hot and it's not cycling on/off on the batteries.
na.
60291538117131_.pic_hd.jpg

Progress update! We made some modifications and lowered the temperature as well as added an off on switch!

Touch temps are a difficult thing to judge with different people, I have some experience in this area with ovens and controls.

The general rule is plastic controls knobs and buttons should be no more than 60c above ambient maximum and you can have and 30c above ambient for Metal ones, for none control surfaces then it’s got no general rule.

Further to this everyone feels temperature differently so for one it’s too hot and another it’s just warm.

Nice to see the updates though and will order one soon me things.

I bought the one off of Amazon and I charged THREE batteries and the remote yesterday and was sitting by it working on my computer, it indeed got warm, and I didn't measure the temp, but it did not seem to be any warmer (if even as much) as the previous version I used with my Mavic Pro a gagillion and three times... bunch of alarmists. It has a fan, you can hear it running, I've verified the grounding internally... I have no worries!

I have used this charger on multiple occasions to charge three batteries, the controller and my iphone 8plus. The charger gets warm but never got to the touch. The charger runs between 104-110 max.

Reactions: LakeTravis
I have used this charger on multiple occasions to charge three batteries, the controller and my iphone 8plus. The charger gets warm but never got to the touch. The charger runs between 104-110 max.

Appreciate your feedback. I think it's laughable that others would even think about creating a thread like this. Sometimes I think others just like to stir up trouble to see themselves "in print"...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11