DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3ifbyAir

Reactions
I have never. I have used a USB-C to HDMI to display on a TV but never to fly. I'm assuming the results will be similar though.

It won't work. Any time you connect one of these the port becomes a host, while connecting the remote needs it to work as device.

Reactions: 3ifbyAir
Because the Lightning port on that is only a power input, so connecting the remote to it does nothing.

Because the Lightning port on that is only a power input, so connecting the remote to it does nothing.
But the USB-C version (which is what the OP was asking about) also has a USB port that can accept any standard USB device.

It has a USB-A port that you can connect a device to, but DJI RCs are hosts and require the mobile device to be the device. That's not possible with any of the adapters that output video since they force the mobile device to act as host instead.
Same as with the Lightning version the USB-C port on the adapter is only for power, no comms.

Same as with the Lightning version the USB-C port on the adapter is only for power, no comms.
I understand that, but the implication from Apple is that the USB port on the adapter is for any standard USB device and it doesn’t specify anything about host-only use. Are you basing your comments on actually having used the Apple USB-C multiport adapter?

USB port on the adapter is for any standard USB device
Yep, it's a USB-A port, to which you connect any device, which means the iPad is the host.
But DJI's remotes are not operating as devices when used with the app, they are the host and need the mobile device to appear as device as if it was connected to a computer. You can't connect your iPad to a computer with the adapter, so neither can you connect it to the remote.

There are countless people having tried these approaches over the years. It does not work, be it on Apple or android, hence the constant search for the elusive device that still has a dedicated, separate video output that can be used to get HDMI out from DJI things while leaving the USB port free to be used as the remote needs it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78