DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

playboz

Reactions
Hey guys,

So I recently crashed my Mavic Pro. Not a bad crash at all, it just got caught in some branches on a bush at about 2 feet high. All it really messed up that I'm aware of is the props which I have replaced since then.

The problem I am having since today is when I go to take off I get this error message:

Your flight altitude and distance have been limited to 30 m and 50 m respectively. Please try again after restarting. Do not fly beyond this range.

This is the first time I've ever gotten this kind of error message. So I spoke with DJI tech support regarding this issue. His words were: "You need to update your DJI GO app and Mavic firmware to fix this problem. Its not a physical issue with your drone.

I then proceeded with a little googling and found some posts saying that its just DJI's way of trying to enforce firmware updates. I'd rather not update as I'm perfectly happy on the current version I'm on as its been very stable with little issues until today.

If anybody could confirm that its not an issue with my Mavic, its just DJI being **** I'd greatly appreciate it. Also if anybody else has experienced this with their birds.

I'll also go ahead and attached a screenshot of what the error message looks like as well.
PS: I'm on DJI GO v4.1.10(2959)

Thanks again guys! I love this community.

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    1,004 KB · Views: 23
If you're on latest firmware simply uninstall/reinstall the app, if not... well what about mentioning the versions you're on.
It's not "a way to enforce firmware updates", but a way to enforce users checking settings properly on a phone beofre flying.

If you're on latest firmware simply uninstall/reinstall the app, if not... well what about mentioning the versions you're on.
It's not "a way to enforce firmware updates", but a way to enforce users checking settings properly on a phone beofre flying.

So I just got back from flying 4 batteries without any hiccup. Flies just like normal and steady as normal. I think that its just DJI trying to push me to update the frimware. Keeping fingers crossed.

Thanks a bunch for your input :).

Here are a couple pictures that I took with it as well.

Attachments

• Island.jpg
    Island.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
  • Moon.jpg
    Moon.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 19
  • Ground.jpg
    Ground.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Again it's not "DJI trying to push you to update the firmware", but since you insist in not mentioning the versions you're running we can't give you the proper explanation that applies to your situation.

Again it's not "DJI trying to push you to update the firmware", but since you insist in not mentioning the versions you're running we can't give you the proper explanation that applies to your situation.
Hmmm, curious as to what the "proper" explanation is.
I'm running 700 FW, ios DJIgo app 4.1.7, getting same warning as well (not been an issue of course).
I did not get it while on 800. I assume it's because I went to a FW before 800 which required sign in?

The function to lock the aircraft to 30/50m until the app is connected was introduced in firmware 800.
If you fly on 700 but with a recent app the app sends the unlock request to the aircraft, but since the aircraft doesn't know of it it never answers that the unlock was successful, the app assumes the lock is still in place and displays the warning.

The function to lock the aircraft to 30/50m until the app is connected was introduced in firmware 800.
If you fly on 700 but with a recent app the app sends the unlock request to the aircraft, but since the aircraft doesn't know of it it never answers that the unlock was successful, the app assumes the lock is still in place and displays the warning.
Thanks. So which app would I have to be on (while on 700 FW) so it doesn't even attempt to initiate the message? 4.0.8?

I will check which version my bird has when I get home as I don't have access to it ATM.

Thanks

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan