DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Very poor range with MA2

I only get between 700 and 1000 meters with my MA2. This is really weak, right? I should contact DJI? If I did have to send it to them, how long do you think I would be droneless?

I only get between 700 and 1000 meters with my MA2. This is really weak, right? I should contact DJI? If I did have to send it to them, how long do you think I would be droneless?

Depends on a lot of factors, such as where you are flying, if there are any obstacles or obstructions between you and the drone. If you’re in an open area with not much which might cause signal issues, then I would say 1000 meters is pretty poor. How long have you had it? If you’re still in the return period from a store you bought it from, I’d return it for an exchange. Failing that, log a support case with DJI. Before all that though, double check GPS and IMU calibration, firmware updates etc.Could be something you can fix yourself.

This is probably what I get in the city environment with a ton of trees and buildings. I then took the drone out to the country side and was able to get just past 7000ft while standing behind a group of trees. Mind you, this is absolutely way way farther than I’d ever need to go with the drone lol.

Poor Signal Fix. I downgraded but App was real buggy keep disconnection image and freezing and connection again were not great. App said update avail which I did again via app. After the update, I restarted both the controller and MA2. When I went into transmissions I could see dual-band 2.4 and 5ghz . This was not in my settings before. When I looked at the frequency it was rock solid green. I flew this thing well over 1km almost 2km not one issue(previously struggled to get half Km). So the problem appears update related. Looks like it does not install properly as 1st time I was missing 2.4 and 5ghz networks. I could only do auto or manual and choose a 10hz or 20hz band.

Engineers need to look into this and issue update that fixes this issue. Also, I was only getting max 40km hour far from 70km it says it does. I toggled from normal back to the sport mode and I had 70km speeds. Hope this helps somebody. Cheers

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krasto