DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

We’re not all in the USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the OP. I often am not sure where a poster is posting from. Town/City names are often not enough, and even state abbreviations can be misleading. I have answered posts stating state is WA, only to realise that is not Western Australia. City names can be confusing also, I live in Perth but not the Perth in Scotland.

Personally I think if the OP is asking for specific regulations then it should be his or her responsibility to let us know where they are looking for regulations for. You can't just come on and say hey whats the rules for flying and not tell us for Flying where.;)Thumbswayup
Someone hasn't read all the comments before posting his ?
It was made quite clear that it was posted in the United Kingdom section in comment #6 above. There's even a link there to check it out.

Why not Isle of Woman, you misogynist! /s
I think it should be named "Isle of Person"! Being from New England, living in a town named Salisbury, and having worked in Hitchin near Stevenage many years ago, I must say cheers matey! All-in-all, this is the best forum I've ever been on regarding drone info. In the early 2010s, there was RC Group, but nothing compares to the knowledge base shown here. While there's always a bit of sniping on most Internet forums, the moderators do a great job keeping it clean. Every country around the world has their own rules for flying. Sometimes we forget we're not alone:)

This thread could easily be resolved by requiring everyone to post their location below their avatar image. I, for one, absolutely love hearing from postings all over the world. I have made sort of pen-pal friends with people in the most unlikely places such as Australia, Greece, and UK. We should celebrate the universality of this forum. Where else could we so easily see beautiful film of Bulgaria, Romania, Greece, Australia, etc. ? I proudly list my city of Miami with my Wall Street Journal image (they offered to do it for free so I took advantage of it).

To the moderators who selflessly give of their time for us, can we please list the location of each submission under their inmate or avatar image?

This thread could easily be resolved by requiring everyone to post their location below their avatar image. I, for one, absolutely love hearing from postings all over the world. I have made sort of pen-pal friends with people in the most unlikely places such as Australia, Greece, and UK. We should celebrate the universality of this forum. Where else could we so easily see beautiful film of Bulgaria, Romania, Greece, Australia, etc. ? I proudly list my city of Miami with my Wall Street Journal image (they offered to do it for free so I took advantage of it).

To the moderators who selflessly give of their time for us, can we please list the location of each submission under their inmate or avatar image?
Not really. In the examples I gave the posters asking questions did have their locations in their profiles. People still assumed they were in the US.

The original post contains neither question nor request for information. It is a request for people to read and understand a post before replying to ensure their answer is relevant.

Woah. Let’s chill out people. There’s much bigger things in life to get upset about.

My original post was just a simple request to make sure we’re answering questions correctly and with the right country in mind. ??

I have been guilty of responding without always checking for and taking into consideration the location of the poster. So, I do appreciate Lastrexking reminding us all of this.

My advise is to therefore to adopt the tried and true British mantra ... 'Stay Calm and <fill in the blank>'. In this case, perhaps 'Stay Calm and Keep on Flying Your Drone Legally, Wherever You May Be!' would be most appropriate.

Cheerio!
Thumbswayup

Now, I love you folks over the pond. One of my best friends in the world is from California, and I lived in New Hampshire for a while a few years ago. So, this isn’t intended to upset anyone.

Today I’ve seen replies on three completely different threads quoting US/FAA rules and regulations where the OP isn’t even in the US (UK in these instances). In all three posts the OP had either mentioned they were in the UK, or had the UK as their location in their profile.

This forum is made up of people all over the planet. Most people have their location in their profile, or mention where they’re flying.

I'm sure everyone is trying to be helpful, but given the differences in laws, let’s check before we answer? ??

Edited as my original post maybe didn’t read as friendly as I’d like.
New Hampshire to the UK?A bit of culture shock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbtha7467