DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which editing software are you using?

• Total voters
I like the ease and versatility of iMovie as a Mac user

I used iMovie on the Macbook, but limited to plugins so didn't quite work for me...

[...]The transitions are really smooth, one image fades away when the other one starts showing. It's not abrupt, it's smooth.

That's a pretty basic crossfade and any capable editing program should be able to manage it. There is some deeper art and science to "seamless" editing that will have a bearing on this impression you get when watching, but there is a lot to understand there and it can take years and a lot of practice if you're really serious about it.

As for the original question, I recommend anyone starting into what may lead to some professional work jump right into Premiere for a few reasons;
• pretty standard in smaller TV and Ad industry
• Handles compressed footage well (without converting it in the BG)
• interacts with graphics (AE) and audio (Audition) counterparts pretty seamlessly

Wow really getting the hang of resolve now. It really is packed full of features. It's amazing what a few hours of playing about with it and a couple of YouTube videos later can do. I think I'm ready for Hollywood now :p:p:p

Reactions: MPPilot
Reactions: Dirkbox
Sony Vegas Pro 13 is one of the most popular overall video editing suites out there cost about $360, this is a great advance software that is very user friendly and easy to learn. What really sold me on it is there is a ton of Youtube videos that teach you how to use it. Anytime I need a tip or know how to do something from color grading to special effects I just search youtube and there is always a slew of how to videos to walk time through it.

ignore those Sub $100 softwares they will not have the versatility you need to edit high quality 4k video

Ebay has some great deals on Sony Vegas Pro 13

Sony Vegas PRO 13 WIN Video Editing Software - Download - (Edu)

I used to use iMovie on my iPhone 6 Plus. And even that I could produce some wonderful videos.
Just look at my honeymoon in Hawaii shot entirely by my P3 Pro and edited using my fingers on my iPhone 6 Plus phone.

After I bought my new MacBook Pro, I decided to op for FCPX instead of Premier Pro. I consider myself a hobbyist so there is no need to spend that kind of money on the subscription.

Fcpx is powerful enough for the majority of stuff that we shoot. And you get constant updates as well.

So at the end of the day it really depends on your budget, what profession you are in, and if u do videos for a living.

Reactions: AlmondKC and Derf
I used to use iMovie on my iPhone 6 Plus. And even that I could produce some wonderful videos.
Just look at my honeymoon in Hawaii shot entirely by my P3 Pro and edited using my fingers on my iPhone 6 Plus phone.

After I bought my new MacBook Pro, I decided to op for FCPX instead of Premier Pro. I consider myself a hobbyist so there is no need to spend that kind of money on the subscription.

Fcpx is powerful enough for the majority of stuff that we shoot. And you get constant updates as well.

So at the end of the day it really depends on your budget, what profession you are in, and if u do videos for a living.

The transitions on your video are less smoth for example than the ones I showed! Still good though!

Very well said, I am a hobbyist as well and don't need more than iMovie. It does what I need to at the moment.

The transitions on your video are less smoth for example than the ones I showed! Still good though!
Really? I thought I did a good job matching the music and the transitions. It's pretty accurate. Care to point out the parts you feel aren't smooth? Maybe my interpretation is different from yours?

Flumpet, think you did a great job.

I am fairly new to video production/editing but so far I find the free version BlackMagic Design's Davinci Resolve (currently version 12.5) works great. Lots of Youtube tutorials out there on this as well. I am using Windows.

I will have to try it, I like the price and tutorial support

The creator just decided not to put in cross-fade transitions. iMovie (along with others) lets you put in lots of neat transitions and also choose the duration of the fade.

The creator just decided not to put in cross-fade transitions. iMovie (along with others) lets you put in lots of neat transitions and also choose the duration of the fade.

Yup sometimes i use cross fade sometimes i don't... need to do something different once in a while :)

Second the final cut suggestions.... but for real fun get Atfer Effects!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy