DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where did you buy yours?

Dronesforless.co.uk - I did a bit of research first and it is a US based company. Ordered on a Friday lunchtime and was with me Monday lunchtime. Not bad considering it came all the way from New York!
Customer service was very good. I received a phone call two hours after placing order saying it was being dispatched.
£1154 for the Fly More Combo including a sun hood for my iPhone and a set of filters.

Reactions: Blizzard
I bought mine from Jessops. Put a big deposit down and took the 24 month interest free option to pay for it. I paid £999 but then bought another battery for £75.

picked up the flymore combo from heliguy, paid whats probably full price but just down the road and included their inspection/free labour warranty thing (?) for a year. I just reckoned with this investment If something goes wrong I can walk in and speak with people who know the product etc. rather than trying to deal with email/phone which can get frustrating. Had my P3 std stolen a few weeks ago , excuse enough to go for a mavic to cheer me up :)

Reactions: Kenny.j
Got mine at Argos. Fly-more combo ordered and collected in a couple of hours. Price at the time was £20 cheaper than Curry's/PC World or Maplins. Jessop's were the same price but 20 miles away.

Got mine at tobydeals.com a MPP fly more combo for £1143 ordered to delivery in 9 days was a bit worried about ordering after some of the reviews that I read on Facebook but happy goods turned up new in box all working correctly so happy bunny

I bought mine 4 days ago from London Camera Exchange (Bath branch) £1099 for the fly more package i reckon that was a good deal.

Have you had to use either the retailer or DJI for after sales help or service?

About to buy so wondering how to trade off the cheapest prices vs the best customer service.

Cheapest seems to be grey import from eglobal at circa £1,000 after cashback (TopCashback). A quick google and look on TrustPilot means you need to have a strong constitution to order from them.

I see lots have used Digital Rev, still a grey import but looks like they are reliable and decent customer service. Currently they have Fly More at £1250 less £40 ish via TopCashback.

Then there are the UK based options like Maplin who would be £1300 after TopCashback.

All views welcome and much appreciated. Someone is about to get an order.

I purchased my Mavic PP in the US from Amazon. This is an extremely complex device. Amazons 30 day return policy ensures I can replace should something not be right out of the box. After 2 day’s, I returned and replaced due to multiple errors every flight. Warning: Motor current error. Check your propellers and fly with care.

Alpine White Mavic from Apple :) I wanted it the instant i saw it so waiting for it to come from DJI would have been hard

I would appear that some people buy the discount, not the product? (Says the newbie here, making an entry, haha)

Mavic Pro FlyMore combo from Jessops for me for £1098 (on 30 Dec, deal per today not anymore valid). This seems still to be a nudge cheaper than from Very with a first buyer discount AND taking into account some TopCashBack cash-back (the latter takes ages to become payable). Maybe the base price before discount was different at the time.

The Jessops deal also included a 32 GB SD card, in addition to the SD card that's already in the drone.

As we're at it: All recent Black Friday deals were a sad joke. Maplin had one on (bringing it down to the Jessops price), then they extended it to Cyber Monday, then went back to something slightly higher, but only for a few days, eventually settled for the Jessops price.

With such an investment it's worth it to take your time over a period.

It appears to me that Sams Club has an ad error, showing the Mavic Pro the same price as the Mavic Pro bundle. Could be a real deal!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-01-26 at 9.26.00 AM.png
    Screenshot 2018-01-26 at 9.26.00 AM.png
    68.8 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: ash_tornedo
I originally ordered from Heliguy in early October 2016. As DJI were not supplying their dealers at the time the delivery date was pushed back and back. Gave up on Heliguy in March 2017 and bought online from DJI with delivery in a couple of days.

I ordered direct from DJI China. It was shipped directly to me. I tracked its quick delivery. But I think if I ever get another DJI drone I will try to support a local USA store, where I'd also assume good customer service.

Just ordered the Air Fly More on eBay, "New Other" (fingers crossed) for £700. Should be here next week. I recon that is probably the very best deal I can hope to get at this point in time. Just hoping that there won't be any issues, but I'll make sure to get the DJI care fresh as soon as I receive it.

EGlobal do get a lot of flack online, and to be honest they deserve it a little. However, I have bought a DSLR and lens from them before, of which the was absolutely no hassle with the DSLR but the lens apparently got lost in transit. I did finally receive it two weeks late. To be honest it's a massive gamble shopping with them, but their prices are so unbeatable, it's tempting!

Reactions: Kenny.j
Just ordered the Air Fly More on eBay, "New Other" (fingers crossed) for £700. Should be here next week. I recon that is probably the very best deal I can hope to get at this point in time. Just hoping that there won't be any issues, but I'll make sure to get the DJI care fresh as soon as I receive it.

EGlobal do get a lot of flack online, and to be honest they deserve it a little. However, I have bought a DSLR and lens from them before, of which the was absolutely no hassle with the DSLR but the lens apparently got lost in transit. I did finally receive it two weeks late. To be honest it's a massive gamble shopping with them, but their prices are so unbeatable, it's tempting!

Be interested to find out how you got on with this.. I'm in the market for an Air myself I'm just waiting for a deal to come a long £949 is a bit to expensive for me right now and the sparks camera is just not what id want for that kind of money.

Got mine at tobydeals.com a MPP fly more combo for £1143 ordered to delivery in 9 days was a bit worried about ordering after some of the reviews that I read on Facebook but happy goods turned up new in box all working correctly so happy bunny

Pleased to hear you got your mpp just ordered one from them and was getting a bit worried after seeing all the bad reviews. I have had a batt for a phantom 3 before with no problems just a long time to delivery

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica