DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where did you order your Mavic Air 2 from and why?

Here's the exclusion from my Best Buy 10% birthday coupon...note drones $499 and up...

I ordered mine yesterday with the birthday 10% off. $890.09 plus tax.

Offer valid 4/24/20–5/31/20. Markdowns taken from regular or Was prices. Not valid with any other coupons, offers or price match requests. Excludes Apple® products; Magnolia Design Center products; Amazon voice assistant and streaming players; Google voice assistant, Chromecast and Chromecast Audio; Bose® audio products; SONOS; Polk Audio; Denon; select Samsung home audio, TVs, Blu-ray and DVD players; Sony home audio, TVs and 3D glasses, Blu-ray players, DVD players and set top boxes; select LG TVs and Blu-ray players, select Sharp TVs; TCL TVs; all gaming consoles; Leap Motion Controller; Wacom stylus; subscription software services; kate spade new york tech accessories, headphones and portable speakers; POSA cards; Sony camcorders, digital cameras, Alpha cameras, NEX cameras; Canon DSLR cameras, mirrorless cameras, XA and XF series camcorders, lenses and flashes, G1X, G1X MARK II, G7X, N2, N100, S120, SX50, SX60 and G16; Nikon DSLR cameras, mirrorless cameras, lenses and flashes, Coolpix A, P340, P530, P600, P610 and S810c; GoPro cameras and accessories; Olympus point and shoot cameras, interchangeable-lens cameras, lenses; Drones $499 and up; unlocked phones; contract mobile phones; mobile broadband devices; digital music services and download cards; Electrolux major appliances; air conditioners, fans and dehumidifiers; Dyson; Pacific Sales products; Vitamix, Breville, Capital Brands, Nespresso; Magnolia products: Samsung TVs, sound bars and Blu-ray players, Sony TVs, Blu-ray players and projectors, Sharp TVs, LG TVs, Sunbrite TVs; Epson projectors, JVC projectors; iRobot; Sennheiser, Bowers & Wilkins, Rotel, MartinLogan, McIntosh, Universal Remote Control, Arcam, Peachtree, Savant, Sonus faber, Oppo and special order merchandise; special order, clearance, refurbished, pre-owned and open-box items; gift cards; taxes. Selection varies by store. Limit 1 offer per customer, per household. Valid on in-stock items only. Excludes stores in Puerto Rico. Not valid at Best Buy Express kiosks. Online and in-store offer may vary. Best Buy employees are not eligible for this promotion. No dealers. No copies. No cash back. No cash value. Offer must be presented at time of purchase.

Im in Florida. Tax will be charged If i order from b&h?

I think B&H might not charge tax when shipping to Florida. You can try to place an order and see the total price before hitting Confirm.

Refunded order on DJI site and re-ordered on Amazon:
- DJI site was very vague on shipping time
- 5% cash back on their CC
- Amazon is pretty good on resolving issues should they arise

Reactions: Tburon9
Empire drone because no shipping, no tax, and hard case. Would get from Best buy with birthday 10% but no store pickup across border where there's no salse tax, so that's 7 of my 10% gone.

Also to those who quote the hassle free return at best buy, Best Buy militantly enforces it's 15% restocking fee on all openned drones(as do most places).

Reactions: Rchawks
Empire drone because no shipping, no tax, and hard case. Would get from Best buy with birthday 10% but no store pickup across border where there's no salse tax, so that's 7 of my 10% gone.

Also to those who quote the hassle free return at best buy, Best Buy militantly enforces it's 15% restocking fee on all openned drones(as do most places).
They only charge you 15% restocking fee only if you get a full refund not on a exchange. I have returned drones there before that I have had for a month with a gimbal overload. Bought it back exchanged it no questions asked. You cannot beat the return policy.

They only charge you 15% restocking fee only if you get a full refund not on a exchange. I have returned drones there before that I have had for a month with a gimbal overload. Bought it back exchanged it no questions asked. You cannot beat the return policy.
Yes because you claimed it was defective and did exchange. Oh believe me I have elite plus and I live off their 45 day return policy and price match but was told in no uncertain circumstances that if I returned my drone they would charge me 15% unless defective. Either way if it works for you so much the better :). Either way for me the issue was the 70 dollars in sales tax because they won't ship for pickup. I'll save my birthday 10% for something else.

Yes because you claimed it was defective and did exchange. Oh believe me I have elite plus and I live off their 45 day return policy and price match but was told in no uncertain circumstances that if I returned my drone they would charge me 15% unless defective. Either way if it works for you so much the better :). Either way for me the issue was the 70 dollars in sales tax because they won't ship for pickup. I'll save my birthday 10% for something else.

Why would you return a drone? :p

Here's the exclusion from my Best Buy 10% birthday coupon...note drones $499 and up...

Offer valid 4/24/20–5/31/20. Markdowns taken from regular or Was prices. Not valid with any other coupons, offers or price match requests. Excludes Apple® products; Magnolia Design Center products; Amazon voice assistant and streaming players; Google voice assistant, Chromecast and Chromecast Audio; Bose® audio products; SONOS; Polk Audio; Denon; select Samsung home audio, TVs, Blu-ray and DVD players; Sony home audio, TVs and 3D glasses, Blu-ray players, DVD players and set top boxes; select LG TVs and Blu-ray players, select Sharp TVs; TCL TVs; all gaming consoles; Leap Motion Controller; Wacom stylus; subscription software services; kate spade new york tech accessories, headphones and portable speakers; POSA cards; Sony camcorders, digital cameras, Alpha cameras, NEX cameras; Canon DSLR cameras, mirrorless cameras, XA and XF series camcorders, lenses and flashes, G1X, G1X MARK II, G7X, N2, N100, S120, SX50, SX60 and G16; Nikon DSLR cameras, mirrorless cameras, lenses and flashes, Coolpix A, P340, P530, P600, P610 and S810c; GoPro cameras and accessories; Olympus point and shoot cameras, interchangeable-lens cameras, lenses; Drones $499 and up; unlocked phones; contract mobile phones; mobile broadband devices; digital music services and download cards; Electrolux major appliances; air conditioners, fans and dehumidifiers; Dyson; Pacific Sales products; Vitamix, Breville, Capital Brands, Nespresso; Magnolia products: Samsung TVs, sound bars and Blu-ray players, Sony TVs, Blu-ray players and projectors, Sharp TVs, LG TVs, Sunbrite TVs; Epson projectors, JVC projectors; iRobot; Sennheiser, Bowers & Wilkins, Rotel, MartinLogan, McIntosh, Universal Remote Control, Arcam, Peachtree, Savant, Sonus faber, Oppo and special order merchandise; special order, clearance, refurbished, pre-owned and open-box items; gift cards; taxes. Selection varies by store. Limit 1 offer per customer, per household. Valid on in-stock items only. Excludes stores in Puerto Rico. Not valid at Best Buy Express kiosks. Online and in-store offer may vary. Best Buy employees are not eligible for this promotion. No dealers. No copies. No cash back. No cash value. Offer must be presented at time of purchase.
Interesting. There was a checkbox to apply the discount on the MA2 purchase page which is how I found out about the offer. They haven't canceled my order yet, fingers crossed.

I did the samething, price was 890.90. Pre-ordered last night.

Amazon because I have the 5% cash back and shipping charges. I canceled from DJI because shipping uncertainty. I did t get charged tax on DJI but not worth it if itll be an extra 10 days. Best buy tax was way more but Amazon is pretty reliable even if arrival is on the 13th

What makes you think your order from a 3rd party will ship before the vendor does?

> What makes you think your order from a 3rd party will ship before the vendor does?

Amazon is quite clear on shipping times: It will shipon May 11.

DJI did not state shipping date in my order. Could ship earlier or later. Furthermore, I do not know how long the shipping will take.

Reactions: R1Mavic
> What makes you think your order from a 3rd party will ship before the vendor does?

Amazon is quite clear on shipping times: It will shipon May 11.

DJI did not state shipping date in my order. Could ship earlier or later. Furthermore, I do not know how long the shipping will take.

Gotcha! Was wondering if you had inside information. If this goes like everything else i preorder, the company ships it in time for you to receive it on the launch day. Where places like Amazon can’t start selling until the launch day meaning you would not get it until at least the 12/13th with Prime.

I had initially ordered direct from DJI, but...

- DJI site was very vague on shipping time

This. Reading a lot of comments about DJI not shipping until the 19th May, stories of some people with IIRC the Mavic Pro waiting months to get their delivery, while others were able to simply walk into a store and buy one. So, I contacted DJI and cancelled the order, was debating between Amazon and Best Buy, then saw this...

Empire drone because no shipping, no tax, and hard case.

Should be here fairly quickly, no tax and the hard case are a nice bonus as well.

Still, I am getting very impatient with at least another week of waiting until I (and all of us who have ordered) can get our hands on them. Trying not to think about it too much, but the weather has been perfect and even with social distancing and lockdowns currently in place, I have enough areas close to me (rural area) that I have plenty of flying options.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos