DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where do I find guide to screen icons and warning sounds?

KLJ5

Reactions
Hi everyone. Just passed my Transport Canada basic license exam with only one mistake, so now I can go flying!! I recently purchased a used Mavic 2 Pro and paired DJI Smart Controller. I'd like to learn this system well before going very far. However, there's nothing in the 'DJI Smart Controller Manual' that alludes to the many icons portrayed on the screen. Could someone please point me toward a guide that would describe the meaning of the myriad screen icons. Thanx in advance.

Either the drone manual, or the Go4 manual should have these listed, probably both, but one might be more comprehensive.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_2/Mavic+2+Pro+Zoom+User+Manual+V1.4.pdf

(Use the numbered menu down the bottom, the other text menu links higher are now not working and takes you to mavic 3 info.)
Thank you very much! I have the same version of the manual you referenced, but I was focused on the section titled 'Remote Controller' - very different layout from my Smart Controller. The DJI GO 4 app section is much more helpful, but still with some discrepancies. Re warnings, when I conducted my first flight, there were fairly regular audible warnings. I'm thinking they may have been promximity warnings. There were trees only about 20' away as I was doing hovering and pattern manoeuvers at eye level to get used to the feel of the control sticks. Any further comment on the aural warnings that might be helpful to me? Cheers!!

there were fairly regular audible warnings. I'm thinking they may have been promximity warnings. There were trees only about 20' away as I was doing hovering and pattern manoeuvers at eye level to get used to the feel of the control sticks. Any further comment on the aural warnings that might be helpful to me? Cheers!!

If the radar was showing up some ‘colour’, any audible sound will likely be related.
Like car proximity sensors when parking.
Now I have massive high hz hearing loss, so wouldn’t hear those (a small blessing) but good to know sometimes I might be annoying the heck out of others nearby.
I do rarely get that close to most obstacles though.

What might be helpful is when ready to fly next time, take the drone for a ‘walk’ and get the OA radar working when near to various points to set it off, and see what’s responsible for the audible alarms.
You can carry it like a hand held gimbal cam and do all sorts of tests like that.

Let us know what you discover.

If the radar was showing up some ‘colour’, any audible sound will likely be related.
Like car proximity sensors when parking.
Now I have massive high hz hearing loss, so wouldn’t hear those (a small blessing) but good to know sometimes I might be annoying the heck out of others nearby.
I do rarely get that close to most obstacles though.

What might be helpful is when ready to fly next time, take the drone for a ‘walk’ and get the OA radar working when near to various points to set it off, and see what’s responsible for the audible alarms.
You can carry it like a hand held gimbal cam and do all sorts of tests like that.

Let us know what you discover.
Taking the drone for a 'walk' to investigate is a great idea! I did some more investigating yesterday and found that the aural warning coinincides with the proximity to obstacles close to the drone, as shown by the obstacle detection status bars turning yellow - then red. Additionally, with a red warning is a screen message in red advising on the actual distance in feet to the detected obstruction. I found that recording the ongoing screenshot throughout my flight and reviewing it post flight was most educational.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
IF you have the SMART CONTROLLER then check with Dji for it's manual Version 1,8 and that gives what you asked for - truly sorry I forgot the address.

In Smart Controller Manual Version 1.8 on page 15, they show the icons. I do not know if it is ALL of them or not? Hope this help, and congratulations!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones