DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which Trackimo to buy?

Former Member

Reactions
Ive got a Trackimo TRK100 and have had it for a while. I just renewed service for 1 year for $60 but the rep I spoke to informed me that in case it stops working due to phasing out of the service it uses, I will be entitled to a pro-rated refund of the service.

Im not sure which service she is talking about being phased out! Is she talking about 2G? GSM? I think she said 2G, but Im not sure that's what the TRK100 uses to communicate with the network.

Any ideas? I really dont want to sell it on speculation that it will stop working some day, but I also dont want to chance it not working when I need it to.

She is referring to 2G being phased out (which is what the TRK100 uses). Whenever that happens, you can upgrade to the 3G version of the Trackimo. It's available here on Amazon or direct from Trackimo here.

Reactions: Former Member
Thank you @msinger. Do you have any idea if companies are starting to phase out 2G service? Im outside of Atlanta but still inside a major city. Im wondering if it's best to sell the TRK100 and upgrade now while I can still get some money for it before it gets phased out.

I'm using the same Trackimo as Singer which I mount on top of my Mavic

Reactions: Former Member
Do you have any idea if companies are starting to phase out 2G service?
I'm not sure. A lot of people were saying it was going to be phased out in the US at the end of 2016, but that apparently never happened.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31