DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why would a product get released that is so hard to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg C

Reactions
I have a mavic air, miserable bit of kit. Cannot connect via any means, one Samsung phone destroyed in a fit of rage. Cannot get the QR code reader close enough to read the code. I have had this thing working once a few months ago and now it is about to get put in the driveway and run over with my truck. Any one else suffering homicidal thoughts because of this stupid product?

I have a mavic air, miserable bit of kit. Cannot connect via any means, one Samsung phone destroyed in a fit of rage. Cannot get the QR code reader close enough to read the code. I have had this thing working once a few months ago and now it is about to get put in the driveway and run over with my truck. Any one else suffering homicidal thoughts because of this stupid product?
Rather than destroying phones and drones in rage, you could wonder why so many are sold?
Could it possibly be that you are doing something wrong?

In case you haven't found the manual, it's here: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic Air/20180525/Mavic Air User Manual v1.2.pdf

An alternative take might be why would you buy something you don’t have the patience/inclination to invest the time required to understand how it works?

Make sure the device you intent to fly with is comparable.

Ask specific questions here- read the manual- watch you tube videos.

Your frustration is well understood- I have been there myself with various technology at times. It is worth persevering though.

Qr reader? What's that for? Never done that with my Air. All I ever did on the air is make sure the Go4 app is installed, turn on the controller, plug in the usb-c and it launches Go4 on my S10/Tablet, turn on the drone, wait for the go fly button on phone.... Fly

Should be pretty simple, and in no way frustrating enough to break things.

How exactly are you trying to connect? Talk us through it and we can work out the step your missing.

A lot of people are saying that of the hundreds of thousands of Mavic Airs sold, virtually none of them ever worked properly and most have been run over by their dissatisfied owners.

Try an iOS product if its not working, Android devices are basically for people with a little patience and understanding. If you think linking the RC is hard, wait till you hear how loud and obnoxious it is :D

Don't upset the OP - he might have a fit of rage and run over himself in his truck (assuming he hasn't thrown his current phone/tablet at the wall and is able to read this thread).

I wonder if he has considered anger management therapy.....

Its really terryfing that people with this kind of approach wants to fly Drones. No wonder the law in this field is getting more strict from day to day... I would suggest to get some less complicated toy to play with, like a plough or something else that can be attached to your truck. From your post I assumed you know how to drive it.. Lol...

Guys Greg C joined yesterday and posted that at 6:45 and logged off .
I wouldn't get worked up over this .If he doesn't reply soon I am just going to close this .

I see it’s no use in leaving this open just to let ether a troll
or really upset new member have a vent. @Greg C if and when you come back send me a message and will reopen this. Till then just consider this thread on hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliassmith02