DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

WiFi range without control

Jon1976

Reactions
Another newbie question
I was just wondering what is the range using just the phone without a control over Wi-Fi. I haven’t tried it yet, really don’t plan to unless I need to, but was just wondering.

Also if it goes out of Wi-Fi range and loses connection will it automatically return to home?

Another newbie question
I was just wondering what is the range using just the phone without a control over Wi-Fi. I haven’t tried it yet, really don’t plan to unless I need to, but was just wondering.

Also if it goes out of Wi-Fi range and loses connection will it automatically return to home?
Estimated distance:
Max Transmission Distance (unobstructed, free of interference)
Distance: 80 m
Height: 50 m

And yes it will RTH after 3 seconds of disconnect.

Estimated distance:
Max Transmission Distance (unobstructed, free of interference)
Distance: 80 m
Height: 50 m

And yes it will RTH after 3 seconds of disconnect.

Range looks right, but the manual states that RTH will be initiated after 20 seconds of disconnect when flying with a mobile device. I have not personally flown with just a mobile device, so I cannot confirm, but the 3 seconds is apparently only when flying with the controller. Also, if the connection is re-established upon returning to home after a Failsafe RTH, it will hover for 10 seconds to await stick input. If none is detected, it will continue flying home. I assume this works the same whether you fly with the controller or mobile device since it doesn't make a distinction there?

Failsafe RTH.png

Range looks right, but the manual states that RTH will be initiated after 20 seconds of disconnect when flying with a mobile device. I have not personally flown with just a mobile device, so I cannot confirm, but the 3 seconds is apparently only when flying with the controller. Also, if the connection is re-established upon returning to home after a Failsafe RTH, it will hover for 10 seconds to await stick input. If none is detected, it will continue flying home. I assume this works the same whether you fly with the controller or mobile device since it doesn't make a distinction there?

View attachment 34775
Interesting. I tested this with my device and it went into RTH a lot faster than 20 seconds. I will have to retest to verify.
Either way, the OP’s question was will it RTH after disconnecting and it does.
Thanks.

Interesting. I tested this with my device and it went into RTH a lot faster than 20 seconds. I will have to retest to verify.
Either way, the OP’s question was will it RTH after disconnecting and it does.
Thanks.

You're right, you answered the question he asked. I wasn't correcting you for the sake of being right: I too was surprised to read that there is a difference in timing between flying with the controller and flying with just a mobile device (and I thought the OP might find it pertinent). I too would have to test to verify, but that is what the manual states.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manu Gopinath