DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

5V BEC Installation For Parrot / Micasense Sequoia On DJI Mavic Pro

regandunstan

Reactions
Hi all,

I plan on installing a 5V BEC inside my Mavic Pro to power a Parrot / Micasense Sequoia sensor. Just like these guys...

Has anyone done something similar or have any links at all to how I should go about this? I could possibly cut a motor wire and insert there?

Any constructive input would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Regan.

Last edited:
I found this little adapter for a duel battery setup. Instead of adding power to the system by connecting batteries to the XT60 connections, I would simply add a 5V 3A BEC and connect the sensors. It should just take power from the system.

There would be shorter flight times but at least its a clean install to the system. It might need a small bit of insulating tape to prevent shorting, jumping & sparking etc. See link and images below :)

DJI Mavic Pro Battery Adapter

download.jpg

download.jpg

Hi all,

I plan on installing a 5V BEC inside my Mavic Pro to power a Parrot / Micasense Sequoia sensor. Just like these guys...

Has anyone done something similar or have any links at all to how I should go about this? I could possibly cut a motor wire and insert there?

Any constructive input would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Regan.

You definitely do not want to cut a motor wire and try to tap power there. best to tap at mavics battery power pad as many have done for adding extra range extending batteries etc.

It’s still not clear how to connect a sequoia to the mavic battery for power... can someone post pics?

don't even bother, Once you have everything hooked and powered on, the wifi to manage sequoia interferes with Mavic and stops taking pics. Cannot make it work together.

Better yet the MP micro usb port outputs power even when it;s armed. i have used for a 5 volt led before i'd try that first!!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada