DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Android Tablet that you tested its Work ?

I can add another Android tab to those that work well with Go4, the Lenovo Tab3 8 Plus. I've had a couple of flights now running 4.1.4 and had absolutely no issues at all.
Details:Lenovo Tab3 8 Plus - Full tablet specifications
It's being sold as the Lenovo P8 by some Chinese O/L vendors, but the packaging, apps etc are standard Lenovo Tab3 8Plus fare. Google Play services including Store are pre-installed.
The WiFi version has GPS/Glonass which enables 'follow me' and 'mobile home point' use.
Only downsides are:
4250 mah battery could limit running time (mine drops ~2% per 10min flying) .
Screen brightness is usable, but would definitely benefit from an AR film.
At 210mm wide there's no way that it will fit into the RC clamps.

I started out with a cheap tablet.. but returned it to get the Nivida K1 Shield and it works perfectly!
Newbie here...
When I buy the Nivida Shield, does it need to be Cellular to allow GPS to be enabled with the remote?
Thanks

When I buy the Nivida Shield, does it need to be Cellular to allow GPS to be enabled with the remote?
You only need GPS on your mobile device if you want to use the Follow Me flight mode or be able to reset the home point to your current location after taking off.

Newbie here...
Thanks

I'm an android guy myself, but when it comes to DJI Go app, I run an Ipad Mini 4. You will regret using the Shield. Compass doesn't work, screen is dim/dull, doesn't fit well in controler, and it's not as stable as many will lead you to believe. You'll need to keep it on Marshmallow (version 6 of android) to have any chance for stability. I would go straight to an Ipad mini 4 for the best and safest flight experience with DJI.

I am extremely happy with my ASUS Z380M. I have yet to have a DJI Go crash on it, though you could count my number of flights on two hands due to weather. Running Android 7.

Typically I am running the app for about 20 min for a flight. It so far is even more stable than my already stable Sony phone.

Reactions: CyberNate
I am extremely happy with my ASUS Z380M. I have yet to have a DJI Go crash on it, though you could count my number of flights on two hands due to weather. Running Android 7.

Typically I am running the app for about 20 min for a flight. It so far is even more stable than my already stable Sony phone.
Yes, I've heard this model is good. Doesn't fit in controller though, does it?

Yes, I've heard this model is good. Doesn't fit in controller though, does it?
No it doesn't. You need a tablet holder.

With that said, I have yet to have it crash. Flew again today and it just works!

I am beginning to suspect all the garbage that a cellphone tries to transmit back to DJI is what is causing most of the crashing. Since the tablet doesn't have to deal with that, there is nothing to crash it.

The Nexus 7 tablet is/was the brightest you could get at one point. Got one used on eBay for $70. My Wal-Mart tablet would technically work but wasn't near bright enough.

The Nexus 7 tablet is/was the brightest you could get at one point. Got one used on eBay for $70. My Wal-Mart tablet would technically work but wasn't near bright enough.
I am sure your Nexus 7 is brighter than this one. I put this Z380M at a medium brightness level compared to other tabs. Works 90% of the time, but some days it is just too bright outside and some shade is in order.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett