DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Android Tablet that you tested its Work ?

I run it on a Sony Android phone now (Running Nougat 7.1.1) and I have 0 crashes with Go 4, so I am Highly suspicious of the apps one has running on their tab or phone as a prime source of the crashes themselves. You also cannot firewall an app on iOS which is why it is not the optimal solution for me. Apple controls everything you do with your device. Most people probably don't mind this, but I for one would like to control my drone and not have someone controlling it. It is what it is.

With that said, I am fairly confident that I can make almost any Android tab work without crashing.
On the other hand ... because Apple controls everything, the users generally get a better experience.

More specifically to the Mavic Pro, keep in mind that some Android devices won't even connect to the Mavic Pro. And there are many more reported problems on Android devices than iPhones. Which is why everyone should do research for compatibility before buying an Android device to use with the Mavic Pro, which is what it looks like you're doing. I ordered my S2 after a month of research. It is scheduled to arrive tomorrow (Monday). Based on my research, I have a feeling the experience on that will be similar to my experience with the iPhone 6S Plus.

EDITED TO ADD: See my S2 review below. I like it even better than my iPad Mini.

Last edited:
On the other hand ... because Apple controls everything, the users generally get a better experience.

More specifically to the Mavic Pro, keep in mind that some Android devices won't even connect to the Mavic Pro. And there are many more reported problems on Android devices than iPhones. Which is why everyone should do research for compatibility before buying an Android device to use with the Mavic Pro, which is what it looks like you're doing. I ordered my S2 after a month of research. It is scheduled to arrive tomorrow (Monday). Based on my research, I have a feeling the experience on that will be similar to my experience with the iPhone 6S Plus.

Check my edit to the previous post. Do those same things to your Samsung S2 and you are probably good to go.

Lots of manufacturers tweak Android too, so I am sure that adds to some of the problems.

I have an ASUS ZenPad 3S 10 too, and it seems to play nice with DJI GO, but I haven't flown a long flight to know since it is too big to fit in the remote. The one thing I like about the ASUS tab is that it is a fairly minimal build of Android which means it probably will play nice with DJI GO even on long flights.

Mainly what I am interested in is how it fits the controller and if anyone has experienced some stability problems... But it looks like I might be the one to report on these issues if no one is using one. I am 90% there at the moment so I will continue to hunt around the net for any answers here.

Newbie here.....Mavic Pro to be delivered today. Guess I should have checked compatible devices before I ordered. I have a Samsung Galaxy 4 Smartphone and DJI tells me it has been removed from the list but to try it anyway???? Also have the Samsung Galaxy Tablet A and they tell me it won't work....great..... I would prefer to use a tablet but if wifi is unavailable can the tablet be used??? and if so what Samsung tablet can I use? It seems everything in DJI list is no longer available.

Guess I should have checked compatible devices before I ordered.
While it's true DJI only has a short list of devices they support (see them all here), that doesn't mean others devices will not work. Try the devices you already own before buying something new.

Reactions: hitman5363
I have the Samsung Galaxy Tab A and it works fine (most of the time). This is the sequence that works for me: Power on RC, power on AC, power on tablet, but don't plug in USB cable (otherwise it wants to charge). Wait until you get past the login screen, then plug USB cable in. Even with this process I have to occasionally reboot the tablet and go through the process again, but it will connect. It is much more consistent with Litchi.

As far as the wireless connection, you just need that the first time you connect to DJI App as it will ask you to sign in so you can register you AC. After that you do not need a wireless connection.

Newbie here.....Mavic Pro to be delivered today. Guess I should have checked compatible devices before I ordered. I have a Samsung Galaxy 4 Smartphone and DJI tells me it has been removed from the list but to try it anyway???? Also have the Samsung Galaxy Tablet A and they tell me it won't work....great..... I would prefer to use a tablet but if wifi is unavailable can the tablet be used??? and if so what Samsung tablet can I use? It seems everything in DJI list is no longer available.

I have used the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (SM-T710) for about 2 weeks now. I think this is the best device to use with the Mavic Pro. I like it better than my iPhone 6S Plus or the iPad Mini 4 for the following reasons:

1. The AMOLED screen kicks the Apple's butt. I see a noticeable difference between it and my 2 Apple devices.
2. From what people are reporting, both in this forum and other forums, the S2 (SM-T710) has been rock solid to use with the Mavic.
3. I can use the Android version of the DJI Go app. It can be much better than the Apple version of the app, if you know what I mean. ;)
4. I got mine from eBay for under $150. It was tablet only with no box or cable. As it uses a standard microusb connection, this was not a big deal.

If you're going to buy the S2, make sure it's the older SM-T710 version (Samsung chip) and not the recently released SM-T713 version (Qualcomm chip). For whatever reason, the 713 version has given a lot of people a lot of headache while the 710 version works like a charm.

I have the Samsung Galaxy Tab A and it works fine (most of the time). This is the sequence that works for me: Power on RC, power on AC, power on tablet, but don't plug in USB cable (otherwise it wants to charge). Wait until you get past the login screen, then plug USB cable in. Even with this process I have to occasionally reboot the tablet and go through the process again, but it will connect. It is much more consistent with Litchi.

As far as the wireless connection, you just need that the first time you connect to DJI App as it will ask you to sign in so you can register you AC. After that you do not need a wireless connection.

I just ordered a Tab A so I'm hoping it works out. I didn't want to splurge on an expensive tablet just to use for the Mavic/Spark (I pretty much do everything on my Note 5). From the research that I've done on this forum and others, the Tab A has worked for some while not consistently for others. The general census is just make sure nothing else is running in the background.....crossing fingers.

I have used the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (SM-T710) for about 2 weeks now. I think this is the best device to use with the Mavic Pro. I like it better than my iPhone 6S Plus or the iPad Mini 4 for the following reasons:

1. The AMOLED screen kicks the Apple's butt. I see a noticeable difference between it and my 2 Apple devices.
2. From what people are reporting, both in this forum and other forums, the S2 (SM-T710) has been rock solid to use with the Mavic.
3. I can use the Android version of the DJI Go app. It can be much better than the Apple version of the app, if you know what I mean. ;)
4. I got mine from eBay for under $150. It was tablet only with no box or cable. As it uses a standard microusb connection, this was not a big deal.

If you're going to buy the S2, make sure it's the older SM-T710 version (Samsung chip) and not the recently released SM-T713 version (Qualcomm chip). For whatever reason, the 713 version has given a lot of people a lot of headache while the 710 version works like a charm.

I have Model SM-T580....do you think that model will work?

What Model is your Tab A/ Mine is SM-T580........will be trying it later today I hope if all goes well.

Question....what is Litchi ??

Model is SM-T350. I don't think you will have a problem.

Well, no luck. I tried your sequence and still got the slow charging message...rebooted and still the same as soon as I connected the USB cable.
Can not get the App to connect to Controller .........guess I will be buying another tablet....but before that I'll try my Galaxy 4 phone or the wife has a new Galaxy 7 which is listed to work.....so back to the drawing board.

I have Model SM-T580....do you think that model will work?
Looks like this didn't work out for you. It's a little bit of a crapshoot with Android devices not on DJI's list. Some work great and others don't work at all.

I don't think Litchi will help if the DJI GO 4 app doesn't work at all, but Litchi is a great piece of software so it won't be a total waste of money.

If you're gonna buy another tablet, then seriously consider the S2 (T710) from ebay route.

Looks like this didn't work out for you. It's a little bit of a crapshoot with Android devices not on DJI's list. Some work great and others don't work at all.

I don't think Litchi will help if the DJI GO 4 app doesn't work at all, but Litchi is a great piece of software so it won't be a total waste of money.

If you're gonna buy another tablet, then seriously consider the S2 (T710) from ebay route.

OK...Update...both my Galaxy 4 phone and my Galaxy Tablet A worked.....BUT NOT with the standard USB connected in the middle of the controller then to my devices....However, the supplied short cable from the side of the controller to my devices worked perfect....??????? So, am I doing something wrong or what? I notice the short cable has a mini USB and then a square mini USB that connects to the side of the controller.....where can I buy a longer cable that has those two ends???

OK...Update...both my Galaxy 4 phone and my Galaxy Tablet A worked.....BUT NOT with the standard USB connected in the middle of the controller then to my devices....However, the supplied short cable from the side of the controller to my devices worked perfect....??????? So, am I doing something wrong or what? I notice the short cable has a mini USB and then a square mini USB that connects to the side of the controller.....where can I buy a longer cable that has those two ends???

When you used the standard USB connection (middle of the controller), did you unplug the supplied short cable (side)? If that side is plugged in, then the middle connection does not work.

When you used the standard USB connection (middle of the controller), did you unplug the supplied short cable (side)? If that side is plugged in, then the middle connection does not work.

No, I did not. However, I just did that and it works fine from the center USB port in the middle of the controller. I would have never known to do that. That is why there are forums like this.
Thank you, thank you so much.....I am now a happy camper. I also have an Autell Robotics X-Star Premium which was far easier to set up but the Mavic is totally different and from just flying it around the backyard it is fantastic !!!!!!

Thank you again and thank you to all who gave input !!!!

Reactions: namja
I'm using a Huawei Mediapad X2. Best size vs portability for Mavic.
Can you tell us a bit more about the using the x2 with the mavic?
Any lags or app crash?
I'm willing to get on specifically for the mavic and really prefer not to go with the iPad mini.
Thanks

Yikes! Didnt see this. Came to Vegas for the weekend and found an open box S2 8.0 for a great deal and bought it. Just checked and its the T713 model. I guess I'll try it out and see what happens otherwise I'll return it. I bought a usesd Tab A 8.0 a week ago off ebay for $80, like new which I had planned to use but I liked the idea of the higher specs of the S2.

Yikes! Didnt see this. Came to Vegas for the weekend and found an open box S2 8.0 for a great deal and bought it. Just checked and its the T713 model. I guess I'll try it out and see what happens otherwise I'll return it. I bought a usesd Tab A 8.0 a week ago off ebay for $80, like new which I had planned to use but I liked the idea of the higher specs of the S2.
You'll need a custom Rom.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair